Rainway now available on Android TV, with a launch on Apple and Amazon Fire TV to follow

Streaming continues to grow in the gaming world, as Rainway launches on new platforms. As of today, Rainway is now available on Android TV, with a release for Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV operating systems planned soon. Much like Steam In-Home streaming or Moonlight, Rainway is a streaming app that lets you play your games remotely on another device. You might remember the name from a few years ago, when Rainway was planned for the Nintendo Switch, which would have given players the option to stream their PC games to their Switch consoles without any homebrew software. However, Nintendo reportedly wouldn't allow for such a thing, and the attempted release was cancelled.

Rainway is the first true extension of PC Gaming to hit your living room. Unlike its competitors, Rainway allows gamers to play all of their favorite PC titles, regardless of storefront, on their TVs with full controller support. Armed with a good internet connection, Rainway allows players to take their entire PC library with them wherever they go, even on vacation, on work travel, or even just out in the backyard during some good ol’ fashioned social distancing.

“Thanks to the monumental effort of the Rainway team, we are ecstatic to announce that the Rainway for TV app is launching on Android TV followed by Apple TV and Fire TV,” said CEO Andrew Sampson. “This milestone holds true to our vision of breaking down barriers preventing gamers from playing games they own in the way they want to play them. With this launch, Rainway is now available in every room of your house and on the go.”

Rainway users will have access to Android TV today, for free. Apple TV and Fire TV are coming soon. Make sure your home computer has Rainway set up and you have some games in your dashboard. If not, download Rainway and follow the instructions. All you need to do is download the Rainway for TV app to your preferred hardware, connect it to your Rainway dashboard and get playing!

Download via Rainway.com

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
don't put your switch to sleep while using it than :P
The main reason I use my switch and pretty much stopped using other consoles is because it's so easy to pick up and play for 5-20 mins, put it down....come back and play another 5-20 mins etc etc. Gaming with a family isn't always easy

Jonnysert

Trophies
Website
giupviectheogio.com
XP
Country
Canada
As the game starts, the thing freezes for a moment, then the audio keeps going but the video is frozen. I hope this little issue can be solved soon enough, I really prefer rainway over steam link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: