Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ragnarok-psp-logo.jpg

The upcoming Ragnarok game demo for the PSP is said to be 16 hours long, according to Famitsu.

The demo decides to take a different approach to letting gamers try out a game by offering one of the multiple endings as the demo, instead of a couple of choice levels. This means you can play through the entire game for free, but you won't be able to access the other endings unless you buy the whole game.

Still, 16 hours for a free demo is hard to scoff at, and people who enjoyed the lengthy "first bite" of the game are sure to go for the full game.

It is set for release on October 27th in Japan, although there's been no word of an overseas release.[/p]

icon11.gif
 Source

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i thought la pucelle already released on psp long time ago?
and this demo is Ragnarok the Imperial Princess of Light and Dark - The First Ending

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lcleong said:
i thought la pucelle already released on psp long time ago?
and this demo is Ragnarok the Imperial Princess of Light and Dark - The First Ending

Argh, fuck, I got my games confused. I searched "Ragnarok PSP" and all that came up was La Pucelle. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I fixed it.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, you might want to change Ragnorak to Ragnarok. On-topic: That's actually quite smart. People who played through the entire thing will know for sure if they like the game, and it's very probable they'll want to get the other endings as well. Plus, it's basically a free game.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild, you sleeping well? You're not usually that careless!
Ontopic, I love Ragnarok Online, but I have no attention span for MMOs lately....
Will get, and likely will buy finished version.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
Ontopic, I love Ragnarok Online, but I have no attention span for MMOs lately....

I hardly know anything about Ragnarok, I just saw that the demo was 16 hours and felt it news worthy. Google deceived me and only brought up shit about the older SRPG game. Just a Googling mistake on my part, lol.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that they are kind of missing the point of a demo (a short, sweet segment of gameplay that conveys to the consumer what the game will play like/be about).

But hey, if you don't care for multiple endings, you're basically getting a game for free (legitimately too, I might add). I can't complain about that at all.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is a bad idea why would someone buy the full game for a alternative ending when they beat the full game/demo with another ending .

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
1234turtles said:
I this is a bad idea why would someone buy the full game for a alternative ending when they beat the full game/demo with another ending .
Japan are different to the rest of us, they complete their shit and then complete it some more a few times.
But I'm safely guessing you need to do the other paths to get the story fully.

Demo download if anyone is interested.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's an impressively long demo. Does it not require being downloaded via the PSN Store? That's handy for non-Japanese people
smile.gif
Anyone tried it, is it playable or does the language barrier cause major issues?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HUGE LANGUAGE BARRIER.

The entire game likes to focus a lot on the story, so without the story, it seems like a regular old, shitty RPG.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DxEggman said:

I hardly know anything about Ragnarok, I just saw that the demo was 16 hours and felt it news worthy. Google deceived me and only brought up shit about the older SRPG game. Just a Googling mistake on my part, lol.
You could've at least spelled the name right, man.
I'm just kidding.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love the crap out of Ragnarok, but these handheld games are rather...odd.

I'll give it a try because it's Ragnarok though, of course. But really the main focus of Ragnarok Online is its supremely awesome PvP. It's weird to turn it into a primarily singleplayer game.

What needs to happen is someone should pick up RBO and make a new one for handhelds. God I would actually pay for that in a second.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou