OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I'm almost 100% sure this project will not get officially localized. Ragnarok in North America is not nearly as popular as it is in Korea/Japan.
While I do not frequent GameFAQ's much, let alone their forums, but while I was looking for information about the Mirage Tower appearance bug/glitch I came across a post of someone who said it -WAS- coming out here. Someone else called him on it (and for good reason) to which the original person claimed he was in the game industry (not very specific) and provided a post where he correctly stated that he knew a certain title was going to be released in the US pretty well in advance.
It's possible some company is either in talks with or already has purchased the distribution rights for the US/EU version of the game, but no official word released yet.
Part of me hopes it will come out in the US so that we can get a fully translated game that much sooner...
But part of me feels that it would be a waste of all the hard work that had been put into this project.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I really, REALLY don't think it would come to the US. Ragnarok isn't really popular over here except in private servers. Besides, ONE person that claims he's in the gaming industry doesn't really have much credibility, now does he?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
twiztidsinz said:
War said:
I'm almost 100% sure this project will not get officially localized. Ragnarok in North America is not nearly as popular as it is in Korea/Japan.
While I do not frequent GameFAQ's much, let alone their forums, but while I was looking for information about the Mirage Tower appearance bug/glitch I came across a post of someone who said it -WAS- coming out here. Someone else called him on it (and for good reason) to which the original person claimed he was in the game industry (not very specific) and provided a post where he correctly stated that he knew a certain title was going to be released in the US pretty well in advance.
It's possible some company is either in talks with or already has purchased the distribution rights for the US/EU version of the game, but no official word released yet.
Part of me hopes it will come out in the US so that we can get a fully translated game that much sooner...
But part of me feels that it would be a waste of all the hard work that had been put into this project.

If the US version is released, there's no need for the translators to work hard, they can rest abit
smile.gif

Ragnarok was extremely popular, to the point it gave us a slang, I don't think we'll get indonesian version though
laugh.gif

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
War said:

Eh, remember, we're doing this for fun and as a learning experience
smile.gif
I don't see any reason why a EU/US release would make what we did a waste. I know I personally am having a blast with this and it's even gotten me back into programing so I can make that Ginsu tool for you
smile.gif

lynxure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey...could anyone lend me their rom(sorry for this) because my rom isn't working enough...my save data is always corrupted...could you tell me why...i don't have any cheats on it...or you could tell me the configuration for the emulator...please HELP me!! i really, REALLY wanted to play this game....

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lynxure said:
hey...could anyone lend me their rom(sorry for this) because my rom isn't working enough...my save data is always corrupted...could you tell me why...i don't have any cheats on it...or you could tell me the configuration for the emulator...please HELP me!! i really, REALLY wanted to play this game....

Sorry, that's illegal.

GBATemp has a release section
http://gbatemp.net/newgon/
with the name of the releaser and release ID. Google's your friend, that's all you need.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lynxure said:
If your saves keep becoming corrupted and you're not using cheats, then I would think your MicroSD card is bad.
If you have a Windows PC, put your card into your reader and plug it into your PC.
Open up My Computer and right-click your drive and go to Properties.
Go to the Tools tab and click the Check Now button for Error Checking.
I would assume there are similar tools to check disk integrity for Linux/Mac, but I don't use either.

If that reports there are no problems, you can try coping ALL your files to your harddrive and
format your MicroSD card then copy all the files back over, though I don't think that will help much.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
EDIT: I was wondering how the latest patch got so much smaller and thought something was wrong.
Now I read you're using a new tool for it. *facepalm*

All I can say is RESPECT and thanks for the hard work on this, guys!

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1ns0mn14 said:
how come Feb 07th 2009 v2 patch file was 29,5mb and Feb 08th 2009 is just 408kb???? you're still supposed to use it on the clean untrimmed rom, right? this is weird!

Yep, your still supposed to use the clean rom
smile.gif
and it's because, as stated in the 1st post, Andy finished his new tool which does the patching a different way. Same yummy goodness inside though.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Intro logo has been translated:
RODSLogo.png

I think it's alright, but not great...
If anyone can suggest a better font to use, I'd be interested.
However..... I think we should have
emo4017_kyupin_F_Emotion.gif
IMAGE CONTEST TIME!!!

Use this template below to make your logo.
Image is limited to the orange area.
Image must retain original dimensions.
Image MUST use that orange for clear.
Do not draw in the black area.
Please Private Message me all submissions.
template.png

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Shouldn't the name be Ragnarok Online DS? I don't want to be annoying or something, but the real name of the game is Ragnarok Online DS :\

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Morgawr said:
Shouldn't the name be Ragnarok Online DS? I don't want to be annoying or something, but the real name of the game is Ragnarok Online DS :\
That's true.
I personally didn't think it would look as good with "ONLINE" stuffed in there as well.
Also, I think Ragnarok DS is more of a fitting, and accurate, name for the game.
Besides, look at the official (Yes, DS but its the same as the PC one) logo:
ragnarok_logo.gif

It says RAGNAROK in big attention-grabbing letters, with "Ragnarok Online" in small letters below.
I was trying to match the look and feel of the Japanese logo for the DS.
You're more than welcome to make a logo yourself and submit it.

lynxure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
everyone thank you...i've already figured out what's wrong with my rom...it's not the rom...it's the emulator...
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
...thank you though for your suggestions...

UkyoTachibana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
UkyoTachibana said:
Hmm...Got a bug here on the Feb 06th 2009 patch.

I loaded my game which starts up in my guild castle, got that shaman girl(shera?) and mage girl(Razkiel?) in my party.

I go to the pub in prontera to accept the 10 empty bottle delivery quest but it froze as soon as i accepted it. (top screen still displays quest requirements etc bottom screen blank)
Sierra and Lisir are the official names (from the game itself).
Changed the text, I'll put up a patch tomorrow.

Thanks, No problems so far.

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, thx for making patch for this game my only problem is that when i start RO ds rom patched game with my supercard it was just pure white it stayed like that forever please help T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool