LSSR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can you believe you can order the new raddiohead album for as much as you want, they decided people will pay as much as they want for it....

www.radiohead.com

theorgan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually you can't order the new album for as much as you want (discbox). you can download the 10 song digital album(doesn't include all the songs) for free or donation though.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and this is a goddamn publicity stunt. Come Jan-08 they will distribute it through the traditional method using their same label conglomerate. Trent Reznor is the only recent major act that has broke from the labels.

Taras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no he hasn't. year zero which was the last album by him was released on interscope. i don't call that being broke from the labels.

Um, yes he has.

http://www.theninhotline.net/news/ also available on nin.com

10/8/07

"Hello everyone. I've waited a LONG time to be able to make the following announcement: as of right now Nine Inch Nails is atotally free agent, free of any recording contract with any label. I have been under recording contracts for 18 years and have watched the business radically mutate from one thing to something inherently very different and it gives me great pleasure to be able to finally have a direct relationship with the audience as I see fit and appropriate. Look for some announcements in the near future regarding 2008. Exciting times, indeed."

theorgan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok where is the sonic proof? There is none. We will see how he tries to release that when it comes time. But until then his last effort was released on a label.

Taras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

theorgan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But until then his last effort was released on a label.

No kidding. I didn't say prior to his last album, did I?

Ok where is the sonic proof? There is none. We will see how he tries to release that when it comes time.

What's this mumbling? Just take your owneage like a man.

Where is the mumbling? Can you not understand english? There was no "owneage" whatsoever. Anyone can say something and be stretching truth's or fabricating something altogether. The truth is he won't break out of the label as you said until he releases something that was not done with the assistance of a label.

IainDS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's not a publicity stunt!
This is the start of a new era of music distribution which enables music to be legally available to anybody in the world.
Then for people who enjoy having a cased album, they can purchase a cased album in the new year, this will also keep the labels happy.

However, not every artist will be able to do this because you need the expisure from the begining which is hugely created by the record labels.

I just tapped all of that in with my wiimote OW MY HAND

IainDS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But until then his last effort was released on a label.

No kidding. I didn't say prior to his last album, did I?

Ok where is the sonic proof? There is none. We will see how he tries to release that when it comes time.

What's this mumbling? Just take your owneage like a man.

Where is the mumbling? Can you not understand english? There was no "owneage" whatsoever. Anyone can say something and be stretching truth's or fabricating something altogether. The truth is he won't break out of the label as you said until he releases something that was not done with the assistance of a label.

I'm with you on this.

Taras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was no "owneage" whatsoever.

The ownage lies with you running your yap, being proven wrong and then instead of saying "Oh, I was wrong", then pursuing the issue like I'm the clown-fool here.

Anyone can say something and be stretching truth's or fabricating something altogether.

Which is why I linked to it and also digg.com had 1550 diggs when the issue rose last week. Instead of attempting to educate yourself, you decided continue your wrongness.

QUOTE(theorgan @ Oct 15 2007, 10:01 PM)The truth is he won't break out of the label as you said until he releases something that was not done with the assistance of a label.

Uh, yeah. I'm sure in the age of digital distribution, the man with a 20 year music career has no ability whatsoever to release something without a middleman taking a huge cut for very few services rendered. They could be working on a project for the next year independantly and you'll still be up in the air about it. How about we'll make it like this? If/when they sign with a new RIAA label, you can come back and talk trash to me. Until then, I'm right. kthxgbye
lecture.gif

theorgan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was no "owneage" whatsoever.

The ownage lies with you running your yap, being proven wrong and then instead of saying "Oh, I was wrong", then pursuing the issue like I'm the clown-fool here.

Anyone can say something and be stretching truth's or fabricating something altogether.

Which is why I linked to it and also digg.com had 1550 diggs when the issue rose last week. Instead of attempting to educate yourself, you decided continue your wrongness.

The truth is he won't break out of the label as you said until he releases something that was not done with the assistance of a label.

Uh, yeah. I'm sure in the age of digital distribution, the man with a 20 year music career has no ability whatsoever to release something without a middleman taking a huge cut for very few services rendered. They could be working on a project for the next year independantly and you'll still be up in the air about it. How about we'll make it like this? If/when they sign with a new RIAA label, you can come back and talk trash to me. Until then, I'm right. kthxgbye
lecture.gif

1. I was never wrong

2. Plenty of artists have said one thing and done another.

3. "How about we'll make it like this?" If/When he releases the new album independently, you can come back and talk trash to me. Until then, you are wrong.

Taras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. I was never wrong

3. "How about we'll make it like this?" If/When he releases the new album independently, you can come back and talk trash to me. Until then, you are wrong.

1. Yes you were. He is a "free agent" now with no current representation. This means he broke with the labels as I asserted.

2. So you know Reznors business better then Reznor? Do you have any personal insights on any other acts? TIA

3. Releasing an album isn't the only act designated as label territory. He could play a barroom, attend a supermarket opening or any number of things. It's still acting intependently without a label. What specifically about that do you not understand?

theorgan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. I was never wrong

1. Yes you were. He is a "free agent" now with no current representation. This means he broke with the labels as I asserted.

2. So you know Reznors business better then Reznor? Do you have any personal insights on any other acts? TIA

3. Releasing an album isn't the only act designated as label territory. He could play a barroom, attend a supermarket opening or any number of things. It's still acting intependently without a label. What specifically about that do you not understand?

1. Actually he isn't quite yet due to the fact that a remix album is coming out. So technically he still is on the label due to the fact that they are releasing his remixed work.

2. Did I say i know his business? No. What I said still stands. Prove me wrong.

3. What do you not understand. You just said releasing an album isn't the only act designated as label territory. Then you turn around and say he is acting independently by playing a bar. What exactly are you trying to prove to me??? That he was independent the whole time and never was on a label??? Then who released his albums???

Taras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
waaaahh, rant, etc

Again, you show how much you don't know. A remix album doesn't need to have anything to do with the man. Bob Marley remix albums are still being released FFS. Reznor said (under penalty of legal punishment for misrepresentation) that as of now (on 10/8) he was no longer represented by a label as a musician. You argued with him.

You were the first one who qualified the discussion with "well until he releases an album indy..." which is garbage. I am stating that there are many other things a musician does under representation. (which he is currently without)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D