Homebrew Radio FM for NDS?

Phantom-Ant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to resend an FM radio for NDS like the one on each mobile phone (which is transmitted with the headphones?)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. Phones by their very nature have things that can decode radio signals in them, or can be easily added to phone hardware.

For the GBA there was a device that took power from the GBA but was its own standalone radio.

The DS does also have a microphone in port so you might be able to pass one of those micro radios into the mic port, possibly also take power from the GBA slot but at that point you might as well have one of those micro radios instead (not to mention I doubt the DS microphone hardware is any good, the rest of the sound hardware certainly leaves a lot to be desired).

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you even know what's Frequency Modulation? :wtf: *sigh* no, it's not possible, the ds hasn't the right radio hardware.
Anyway, I think you are referring to streaming music from the internet to the console... The most advanced thing is this, but I think it doesn't work anymore: https://gbatemp.net/threads/youtube-ds-play-youtube-videos-on-your-ds.423467/

Or if for some reason your prefer play music offline on your ds rather than on your *insert smart device here* , you can use moonshell.

KoopaMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just one thing to say : ( i am not a professional guy in "radio" ) , but a lot of phone ask for headphones if I want use the radio app ( the headphones is used as antenna , so it need only a software , no ? ).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just one thing to say : ( i am not a professional guy in "radio" ) , but a lot of phone ask for headphones if I want use the radio app ( the headphones is used as antenna , so it need only a software , no ? ).
No, they need a radio receiver chip (which has negligible cost to include inside wifi/bluetooth ones)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn