Race Driver - Create & Race

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Apr 18, 2007.

Apr 18, 2007

Race Driver - Create & Race by Hadrian at 7:11 PM (2,507 Views / 0 Likes) 37 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    So kinda bored with seeing Pokemon threads all of the time I thought I'd share some info on a DS racer that could be pretty good. Its by Codemasters, who are actually really good at racing game.

"Race Driver™: Create & Race™ has been designed from the ground up for Nintendo DS™ and lets players thrash the most formidable sports cars through closely-fought races on the world’s most prestigious circuits...and then lets players create their very own circuits with a full track construction kit.

Using the stylus, the game’s track editor lets players select and place race track elements, such as hairpin corners, long straights and chicanes, to design unique circuits. Once all the pieces are placed to perfection, players can take to their track and experience exactly what it’s like in aggressive multiple car races.

In addition to the track editor, the game features 32 real-world circuits – from Silverstone and the N?rburgring to Bathurst – and 25 officially licensed race cars, including the Koenig GT, the AMG Mercedes C Klasse DTM, and the Chevrolet Silverado Truck.

Making use of the DS’s Wi-Fi capabilities, players can challenge others to races on the game’s official tracks as well as the circuits of their creation. Race Driver: Create & Race also enables up to four players to go head-to-head in races gamesharing from only one cartridge. Further championships and cars can be unlocked from the World Tour Mode and then raced in realtime online and ad hoc multiplayer modes."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sounds like a winner to me, especially with online, looks like Codemasters are putting a lot into this game and from the screens it looks like to be the best looking racer on the DS, very detailed but there isnt any video of it so who knows what the framerate is like. Hopefully it will play really well as the DS does need a decent real racer, as much as I love Mario Kart sometimes you yearn for something realer. Most racers on the DS are just ports or cutdown cash ins of the console version. The only decent one is Asphalt GT 2 and then that was really made for N-gage and mobile phones.

2. EsPeeToo

Newcomer EsPeeToo Newbie

Brazil
    No, thanks.

3. brn

Member brn GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Yes, Please! As long as the actual racing is fun, this will be a winner!

4. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Oh damn! This is awesome news. One thing i've been missing since loosing my PSP is a good racing simulation. I love the Codemasters Race Driver series. I hope the driving is good... cause everything else (track editor OMG!!!) is looking awesome.

5. brn

Sweden
    So, eh no mention of a release date?

6. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just looked at the Codies website and it just says Summer 2007 at the moment sadly. Just noticed that it supports 4 players with one cart! Impressive.

7. brn

Sweden
    Oh, *looks out window* meh....

Summer means August 30th.

8. haveasafeday

Newcomer haveasafeday Member

United Kingdom
    I hadn't seen anything about this before now. It looks pretty decent.
    I hope it doesn't turn out like the other racing games on the ds, cause apart from Mario Kart I haven't really enjoyed any of them.

Would be good if you can trade tracks via wifi too

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well it has just been announced. Theres no info about trading tracks and usually Codemasters dont add features at this stage in the game.

10. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    Looks pretty good.

11. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    code masters are great, they did a damn good job with colin mcrae on GBA, still one of my favourite GBA games
    very glad to see a day time racer also

12. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    nice to see makers are stepping into the real realm. NFS:C was a shocker! only played it on pc for the corolla [​IMG]

13. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    i liked NFS:C a fair bit.

this game looks ok... soso

14. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    It looks like stunts with updated graphics (I love Stunts [​IMG] )

track editor + online play, yes please. I hope the game is actually a serious racing game as so far the only good racing game on the DS is Mario Kart DS.

15. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    its just the graphics that i didnt like on DS. looked too pixelated like the others. on pc i dont have a problem though

16. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    Can you put pokemon inside them and use them as drivers?

....only kidding, POKESKUM i say.

This game looks interesting tho, and not the same old repeatedly released drivel that people ages 14 and younger use as masturbation material [​IMG]

17. Stitch

Member Stitch GBAtemp Regular

18. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
  19. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    looks very nice in motion [​IMG]
    I think I'll buy this when its out

20. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Wow... that video makes me even more excited about the game. Glad to hear that even though they are making the car handling more forgiving (due to ds control restraints, which will be good), they aren't ditching the car damage.