Race and religious hate crimes rose 41% after EU vote

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by emigre, Oct 13, 2016.

1. emigre
    OP

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    [​IMG]

Source

Honestly, hate crime is always unacceptable. It's really sad how the vote made some people think abusing others was somehow acceptable.

2. Engert

Engert I love me

Jan 21, 2012
    United States
    Taxachusetts
    White people are pissed emigre, since the government took their slaves away.
    They are pissed!

Jiehfeng and VinLark like this.
  3. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    This sucks. What with Trump in the US and post-Brexit hate crimes in the UK, I think that we have an counter-movement to the Political Correctness of today on our hands. This doesn't justify it at all, though. Hopefully things will get better, and people will realize how stupid they're being.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I find this rather disturbing and honestly I hope this doesn't set a tone for future events.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  5. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    ???

6. Engert

Engert I love me

Jan 21, 2012
    United States
    Taxachusetts
    What I'm trying to say is that theoretical shit you learn in school, doesn't apply practically in real life.
    I speak from experience cos I was a student once.

Emigre how's your mom doing?

VinLark likes this.
  7. MisterPantsEyes

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    Britain is sinking into chaos, inflation, poverty and inevitably death. Brexit is killing them slowly.
    They are so mad now because they lost Marmite, it's not getting sold anymore. But they will be much more mad when they lose all the other things, like prosperity.

Yes, now it's called United Kingdom, but soon it'll be called United Shitdom. Mark my words.

8. MisterPantsEyes
    This message by MisterPantsEyes has been removed from public view by raulpica, Oct 14, 2016, Reason: Dupe post -rp.
    Oct 14, 2016
  9. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    This is 5 months. Hardy conclusive IMO. Could just be normal ups and downs. Though it certainly feels like it's true.

10. FGFlann

FGFlann Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2015
    Can confirm, chaos is everywhere. I'm looking out of my barricaded office window right now and there are bands of savage marmite addicted bandits turning over homes and businesses. The government has lost control of the country, leaving Unilever and Tesco to battle it out for supremacy.

11. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Can confirm, man it has been hell here. 2,300 people shot this year, nearly 500 deaths so far man. Oh wait, that's just Chicago.

12. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I hope it will get better... In time of crisis, countries have a very bad tendency to close on themselves, economically and socially. Just look at what happened before WW1, or the rise of right wing during the subprimes crisis (France, Spain, Greece, ...). Instead of questioning our way of life, most people prefer to find a scapegoat and that's one of the problems... I just hope Great Britain won't crumble...