Hardware R4SDHC RTS Lite Not working?

bzhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried searching up this topic all over gbatemps and google before posting :\

I'm new here so i'm not sure if this is the right section ><

I just got my r4sdhc rts lite and i tried updating it by getting the files from the website and putting it on the sd card. After that i went in and i think i pressed wifi update and then my batteries ran out i thought i would have more, after plugging it to the wall charger i turned it back on and my r4 isnt being read anymore, did i break my r4? do i need to buy a new one? or is there a fix? Please and Thank you for your time!

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems you likely bricked your R4. The only way to fix is to get another flashcart and unbrick it. You should have gotten an R4i Gold or something.

bzhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems you likely bricked your R4. The only way to fix is to get another flashcart and unbrick it. You should have gotten an R4i Gold or something.

Thanks for the reply, how do i unbrick it? any help would be nice :D please and thank you!

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, how do i unbrick it? any help would be nice :D please and thank you!
Well, you need another flashcart that runs on your system. Then, you need to download some file on your flashcart's website (Don't know which one yours is).
Then, you put that file on the flashcart that is not bricked. Now you run the file you just put. It will say something like this "Please insert [insert flashcart name here] into Slot 1" or something. Then, you insert your R4 and press a button. Now you wait until it says something like "Update finished. Power off."
When you power on, it should be unbricked. Note: you need to flashcarts to do this! I would just buy an R4i Gold 3DS or DSTwo as it is not worth the effort. Then, you can unbrick your R4 as a bonus!

Good Luck!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you'll need a second flash cart (Or Action Replay DS/i) in order to start the update program, then you take the working cart out, put your bricked cart in, and tell it to apply the update.

You should have gotten an R4i Gold or something.
... every flash cart will brick if you lose power in the middle of an update.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you'll need a second flash cart (Or Action Replay DS/i) in order to start the update program, then you take the working cart out, put your bricked cart in, and tell it to apply the update.

... every flash cart will brick if you lose power in the middle of an update.
I know it's just because the R4i Gold is more well known so it would be easier to find the unbricker file.

Monster3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assure the sticker of r4i gold 3ds is from r4ids.cn , and If you want buy more,you can go to official wholesale store game4deal.com ,if you just want buy one pcs, you go to shop temp or go to r4ids.cn official site "distributor",you will find tons of stores available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.