Hacking R4RTS Phantasy Star Zero (US) White Screen

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using the R4i card (from r4rts.com) and Phantasy Star Zero just goes to a white screen after You choose your character and play through the movies.

I heard of a similar problem with the Japanese version... but there was never really a solution. (Somebody suggested installing YSmenu, but when I try that it tells me it can't find _DS_MENU.SYS, and when I copy that over from the directory it tells me the load failed.)

I used the tutorial from this site to try and get YSMenu going, but nothing doing.

So if anybody has any ideas...

MaGnUmKiLLa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, I'm on an original R4 *sorry I don't know the tech term for that but an original, offical R4DS* with 1.18 official firmware installed. I also run YSmenu as a .nds file *I hope you know what I'm talking about* I've been running PS0 like that and so far I'm like half an hour into the game and so far everythings going fine but, I've heard of some people playing for a couple of hours and having problems. Am I at risk for that or, is that for people running other cards/firmware? I haven't patched the rom or used any cheats. I didn't think I had to since I got past the first cutscene and conversation without a whitescreen.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
Ok so, I'm on an original R4 *sorry I don't know the tech term for that but an original, offical R4DS* with 1.18 official firmware installed. I also run YSmenu as a .nds file *I hope you know what I'm talking about* I've been running PS0 like that and so far I'm like half an hour into the game and so far everythings going fine but, I've heard of some people playing for a couple of hours and having problems. Am I at risk for that or, is that for people running other cards/firmware? I haven't patched the rom or used any cheats. I didn't think I had to since I got past the first cutscene and conversation without a whitescreen.

Just use the Bahamut Cracked patch. It passed some AP so far, or maybe all. I have an Original R4 with YSMenu and the game is working fine.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried the Bahamut cracked rom in the YSMenu with my original black R4(v1.26) and it fails to load.
The exact message is this:Load rom errcode=-1

Any ideas?

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
if you have installed YSMenu try loading it through that.. I too got an R4 original with YSMenu installed and it works fine(as for now, i've not had the time play it for long)..

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
panmusic said:
I tried the Bahamut cracked rom in the YSMenu with my original black R4(v1.26) and it fails to load.
The exact message is this:Load rom errcode=-1

Any ideas?

You probably just need to update the firmware on YSMenu. Update to the latest DSTT.

My R4i never gave an error. It just white screened right before you took control of your character.

All-in-all... I'm glad I got this version of the card.

Now what's "AP"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol