Hacking r4itt propably clone problems

modguru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello first off all i am very hapy that i am member of this community my name is george and i am living in Greece
this is my first post in your forum and i will like to thank you first for the job that you have make here

now i will like to speak about one problem i have with one card that i have buy ...
the card is this

b8aj6b.jpg

and with every kernel i have test i have the same result ..
the result is here ...

f2o2s1.jpg

usualy in the red square with other cards is says " star wars ... bla bla .. "

with this card it is just empty and when i tutch it go in white screen and stays theare .... nothings hapen...

if anyone they can help

thanks for your time i have search the forum but i do not see any solution ...

i forgot to write that my console is a old ds ..

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contact issues are less common with the old DS systems. It might be the problem though.

Different kernels will not fix contact issues. Here are pictures of the fix for contact issues on Acekard. It may not be the same as your R4 clone, but this is the idea.

IMG_3220.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG

If you cannot do that you can put one or two layers of thin tape (like desk tape or masking tape) on the bottom, front side of the R4. The idea is to make the gold contacts closer to the internal contacts of the DS.
Do not overdo it though! Too much and the R4 can get stuck inside, or even worse it can bend the internal contacts of DS.

If they don't help, I think that your card could be worse than a clone, it might be a scam or it might be physically broken.

I can't read the website on the package. Can you tell me what website is on the package/label?

modguru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes the web is r4itt.net

and i have buy 5 pcs and the problem is the same in all of them. so i do not thing that it is bad conduct issue ..

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the problem is the same with 5 different cartridges of the same type and you are sure your DS system is not broken because it works with genuine games, then you seem to have received 5 faulty cards.

If you cannot exchange them with the store you bought them from for working cartridges then it would be evident these cards are actually a scam which is unfortunate.

I tried to access that website and they are not online at the moment, but the Google cache of the website shows that this manufacturer hopes to offer as much as possible to their customers by ripping off as much as possible including hosting their own ROM downloads. Which means that to obey forum rules we can't even link to it. >.>

modguru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks for your reply i have and before the same mater with the r4 sdhs red upgrade
and after alot search i find one kernel and works perfect .. maybe it is the same thing and now ..
thans for your time anyway ...

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modguru said:
thanks for your reply i have and before the same mater with the r4 sdhs red upgrade
and after alot search i find one kernel and works perfect .. maybe it is the same thing and now ..
thans for your time anyway ...

I'm happy to try to help, but I can't understand what you're saying here.

Did you mean you found a kernel and now R4tti is working? Or you had a similar problem with r4 sdhc red upgrade and you found a working kernel?

Technically the cartridge should appear in the DS menu even if there's no MicroSD card inside. So I don't really understand, I guess this is the limit of my help.

manfy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
well,i think that the " " star wars ... bla bla .. "
can not display in screen,but if you press 'A' key,you will enter the normal MENU
and play game,i think that you will play game normally!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manfy2000 said:
well,i think that the " " star wars ... bla bla .. "
can not display in screen,but if you press 'A' key,you will enter the normal MENU
and play game,i think that you will play game normally!

he already said he gets a white screen when he tries to play this card

edit:
@modguru:
http://gbatemp.net/t226034-r4itt-for-dsixl...p;#entry2893677

http://www.r4itt.net/uploadfiles/r4itt.English.v1.61.rar was updated 6-5-2010 which is either two days ago, or a month ago. Did you try 1.61?

modguru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks i have see this post

http://gbatemp.net/t226034-r4itt-for-dsixl...p;#entry2893677

but i can find nowere the fix.zip ..
i will try now the results from the kernel 1.61 and i will let you know ..
thanks alot for the help

so the results is the same . nothings hapend and with that kernel . i upload a video in the youtube to see exactly what i mean ..
thanks again for your time .

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched your video.

Like I said already, I think the cards that you have are broken (faulty).
What I mean by that is, I don't think any kernel will fix them.
If the cartridges will never appear in the DS menu, but genuine games do work, it is almost certain.

Your choice is to go to the store who sold them to you and ask for exchange or refund, or attempt to contact R4itt staff for exchange.

modguru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
this is not a solution becouse i have buy 5 pcs of this card and i check it one by one the result is the same i do not thing that all 5 pcs is faulty ... they will be another explanation ...
thanks i will keep looking around

34ebzt0.jpg

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modguru said:
this is not a solution becouse i have buy 5 pcs of this card and i check it one by one the result is the same i do not thing that all 5 pcs is faulty ... they will be another explanation ...
thanks i will keep looking around

IF they really ARE broken which you should consider IS possible - waiting a long time to resolve this with the shop you got them from is a bad idea.

I don't know how shops are in Greece, but you should have the right to get them to prove to you they do work.
If you imported them that is another matter.

modguru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes i have import them so it is not so simple ..
ill keep searching . thank you all people for your positive altitude ..

modguru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i do not know for what card are you talking about .. i have try all the r4 kernels with no luck nothing hapend .
i have send a email to the seller and told me i have put this card in one new ds like dsi dsxl and to make update with updata file .
i am looking to find a new dsi to try this ...

qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just bought a number of these cards. Hope you solved the problem and they're not that bad!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr