Hacking R4isdhc Timebomb

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering do all these DS carts from the sites sponsor have a Timebomb that "bricks" them after two years?

Is there a way to bypass it with softwares rather than changing date or is there a decent card that will actually last?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering do all these DS carts from the sites sponsor have a Timebomb that "bricks" them after two years?

Is there a way to bypass it with softwares rather than changing date or is there a decent card that will actually last?

U can use YSMenu or CFW will untimebomb it for you (I think)

D

Deleted User

U can use YSMenu or CFW will untimebomb it for you (I think)
No cfw doesn't do anything for a timebomb.YSmenu only helps so much since games that are dsiware enhanced will freeze or have save issues unless you duel boot the stock kernel which means you only need to set the date back for Pokemon black and white.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anything that can run the wood kernel natively is good to go.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Nah, the flashcarts themselves brick
Sigh...and you're from 2002, why would you post such bs...
Flashcarts don't brick, ever. You'll just get "update firmware" promt which you can get rid of by replacing firmware files with new ones, setting back the time or using ysmenu.

Reactions: Searinox
D

Deleted User

Flashcarts don't brick, ever. You'll just get "update firmware" promt which you can get rid of by replacing firmware files with new ones, setting back the time or using ysmenu.
Saying it is a brick could just be a overstatement since setting the dateback is kind of annoying to the point where it's considered one,lel.

Last edited by ,

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, the flashcarts themselves brick, not the device you're using them on.
damn thanks for clarifying I was already hesitant to continue using mine since I bought it almost 2 years ago
well looks like got some googling to do

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yeah that looks good but twice the price of the one I previously bought. I suppose it lasts though which helps.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The one you want is the one @The Real Jdbye mentioned. No time bomb, works fine on the latest SysNAND (with A9LH and Luma, even), etc.

The price is frankly very cheap for a flashcard. If you spent half of that on another, chances are that one was garbage quality (as are most of the R4 clones).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass