Hacking R4iSDHC firmware?

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's r4i-sdhc.com you are talking about, then it's a DSTTi clone.

It's not like other DSTTi clones though. The internal firmware of the cart has some sort of check that will only allow their kernel version to boot.

You can run a YSMenu build for DSTT, but you have to first DLDI "no patch" YSMenu.nds, and then load it as a .nds file through the stock kernel. You can also set it up as a moonshell replacement, loading it with the multimedia button.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
So it is unlikely that I can fully replace the firmware
frown.gif

Well, at least I have the multimedia button.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
So it is unlikely that I can fully replace the firmware
frown.gif

Very unlikely, unless you can figure out what's in the stock kernel that the hardware is checking for.

I gave up trying to figure it out and just use the multimedia button to load.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
izaakku said:
Maybe because there are plenty of LEGIT carts they could buy? Nobody here should recommend any R4. The original is very outdated and hasn't been officially supported in ages. Recommending any other R4 means you are recommending a clone. Many R4 clones do work. Why are they frowned upon? Because there are literally over a dozen fakes that have the same name and box to fool people that don't bother researching. I've seen R4i carts that are clones of DSTT, Acekard, EZFlash, etc. which makes "OMG WUT FURMWARE DUZ I UZE???" threads way too common here. You will eventually have some sort of problem with an outdated or clone cart, and end up back here asking for help, when you could just save yourself the frustration and save us the trouble, and buy a cart that isn't a clone, like an Acekard 2i.

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
izaakku said:
Maybe because there are plenty of LEGIT carts they could buy? Nobody here should recommend any R4. The original is very outdated and hasn't been officially supported in ages. Recommending any other R4 means you are recommending a clone. Many R4 clones do work. Why are they frowned upon? Because there are literally over a dozen fakes that have the same name and box to fool people that don't bother researching. I've seen R4i carts that are clones of DSTT, Acekard, EZFlash, etc. which makes "OMG WUT FURMWARE DUZ I UZE???" threads way too common here. You will eventually have some sort of problem with an outdated or clone cart, and end up back here asking for help, when you could just save yourself the frustration and save us the trouble, and buy a cart that isn't a clone, like an Acekard 2i.

so the the OP asked for a way to boot his firmware directly and wants to know what kind of clone he got.
izaakku gives him the website for his clone to check for firmware.
you rant in the R4 section about how bad the card is and about people who start useless thread, whats wrong with you?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How bout it's early, brain not fully awake, I clicked the guy's link and am greeted with 6 links selling various R4 clones, and I went off. I didn't even attack anyone in my post. It was just a rant, in the proper board section. So what's wrong with you?

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
How bout it's early, brain not fully awake, I clicked the guy's link and am greeted with 6 links selling various R4 clones, and I went off. I didn't even attack anyone in my post. It was just a rant, in the proper board section. So what's wrong with you?
so you didn't think but you're telling people to think?
rolleyes.gif

and maybe you're in the right section but you're also in the wrong thread, don't go around and rant into other peoples threads.
thank you, bye.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My post is related to the OP's issues, and explains how to avoid them in the first place. I already explained why I posted what I did, so please, continue derailing the thread.

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
My post is related to the OP's issues, and explains how to avoid them in the first place. I already explained why I posted what I did, so please, continue derailing the thread.
i tell you one more time, the OP never asked for your opinion on flash carts. therefore your posts are unrelated. also telling someone to buy a different product to avoid an issue in the first place isn't helping much. if i should ever ask somebody why my civic won't start up and he answers me to buy a mercedes i won't continue talking to him.
but like you said, it's still early and your brain isn't awake....

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And none of your posts here have been relevant to the thread. Go be combative elsewhere. If you can't see how my post relates to the OP the tiniest bit, then you need to go back to school and take some reading comprehension classes. I'm done feeding the troll.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...