Hacking R4ils 1.23 - anybody tested this yet?

SilentEvoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just checked the site and they have a new firmware update for R4 users. Was wondering if anybody has tried it yet. Hopefully the slowdown's been fixed while selecting games, as well as some of the well known bugs of the previous version.

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
Yes i am using it now, as the main menu, with moon2/ysmenu as my multi media button, the slowness is still there, and i had to replace the _DS_MENU.DAT at one time as something glitched it and it would not let me load anything, even left the time and date in all 0's, but replacing the file with the one right out of the archive fixed it again, have to say even though i appreciate someone taking this project back up, cant say that i am yet impressed with it, seems 1.18 official was just more stable.....

Umaza

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tested on my M3 DS Simply and it works fine.

The cheats have no bugs, the games load fast but a white screen appears after the game is booted then it starts running fine

All games have One-hot cheats

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
well i don't know if any of the earlier versions of the r4li firmware were doing this, but i cant seem to get any skin to work on this version, is anyone else having this issue or am i just not getting it, tested this on two separate sd's with skins that worked on 1.18 so i am at a loss.

Mist3rJ3r3my

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
James_Wulfe said:
well i don't know if any of the earlier versions of the r4li firmware were doing this, but i cant seem to get any skin to work on this version, is anyone else having this issue or am i just not getting it, tested this on two separate sd's with skins that worked on 1.18 so i am at a loss.
I just went from 1.18 to 1.23 and my themes still work. The only problem with my themes are that some of the buttons dont line up with the theme correctly unlike in 1.18

After playing on it for a few minutes heres what i think:
i like that the rom compatibilty has been updated, dont have to use ysmenu all the time now. The cheat engine is fixed now all my P-Z games show up. Games boot faster now also.
What I dont like is that the ugly looking fading translation into the directories, the ugly new font, themes don't line up perfectly, the "www.r4li.com" on top screen, ebooks don't work anymore atleast for me, and the delay in scrolling when you hold up or down, its like 3 seconds now!

dawnsxlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
James_Wulfe said:

Same for me. I just updated from 1.18 to 1.23 and my themes don't work either. I think I might just downgrade back to 1.18 just because my themes work so it looks better and I now have a lag when selecting games on 1.23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the R4 Firmware 1.23 from r4li on my Original R4 and it was really Slow...like REALLY SLOW. It could modify the Amount of Cheats for the Games, but it was just REALLY REALLY SLOW. I advise YSMenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1