Hacking R4iii card sticks on Pokemon White

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently purchased an R4iii card (this may be a clone, I'm new to all this) and it has been playing games fine except from Pokemon White. It hangs on a white screen as soon as I choose the ROM. According to the software on the R4 card it is using version 3.07 (see image below). I have read a number of guides on various sites but I'm not sure what exactly will work on this card, can anyone advise?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    805.8 KB · Views: 306

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no website printed on the card and I bought it from a seller on Gumtree as opposed to through a site.

It looks like this:
R4-III-SDHC_2.jpg

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got it working! I used this guide here http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/, the section entitled R4-Clone. I kept the files which were originally on the card, downloaded RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.00b2 which is available at the top of the guide and copied the files mentioned (Games folder, TTMenu folder, TTMenu.dat and YSMenu.nds) onto the card. I then put the Pokemon White rom into the games folder, booted the card, chose YSMenu.nds, entered the Games folder and chose Pokemon White.NDS.

I hope this helps someone in the future!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)