focusedgfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all yes im a newbie to this site!!
rolleyes.gif

I updated my dsi to v1.4.2 like a fool i wasn't thinking, now i cant get my r4igold card to work
any help would be very much appreciated
thanks in advance
yaynds.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
first of all, which r4i gold cart is it? There's two: r4i gold (the non-3DS one) and r4i gold 3DS.

focusedgfx said:
think i may have posted this in wrong place sorry
mellow.gif
You should move it here. I'm not sure if the r4 section is correct, but there's no r4i Gold section.

focusedgfx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its the r4i gold NON 3ds one, ive had it for about 2years

as far as im aware ive been told this card is useless for my dsi now??

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
download updater for 3DS v2.0.0-2 and DSi v1.4.2 support for r4i gold non-3DS from their website's download page (http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html#kernel_download). It should be around the bottom of the page and it should say "3DS V2.0.0-2 Patch for R4i gold (NON-3DS) card."

Read the readme.txt within the download and do whatever it tells you to do. Because you have updated your dsi to 1.4.2 prior to updating your r4i Gold, you'll have to use another DS phat or lite to update. If you don't have any DS phat or lite, borrow one or buy/return to your local electronics/game shop.

EDIT: updated link to make it easier to find it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
focusedgfx said:
ive seen that i can use another flash cart to update it!! i have a standard r4 card for my daughters dslite
that's great, but maybe you should be considerate and use the EDIT feature, instead of quadruple posting.

If you're only planning on using it on the dsi you can try the 1.4.2 update for non-3DS.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
in flames said:
You need a DS lite and a workable R4i gold card to fix this broken card, the old R4i gold can support 3DS now. it is the help file.
The upgrading method for the old version R4i gold & failed upgrading cards
http://www.digimartz.net/blog/?p=6
No, you don't need another R4i Gold, you can use any flashcard on the DSLite/Phat. All it has to do is boot a file, nothing more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte