R4ids RTS Revolution supports 1.4.2 c

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by temporaryuser, Jan 5, 2011.

Jan 5, 2011
  1. temporaryuser
    OP

Newcomer temporaryuser Newbie

United States
    Just to be sure that could that be true? I don't have personal DSi but I loan one a time to time. I have own collection of flash cards and I found this: R4ids RTS Revolution Card Adapter for NDSi XL/LL NDSi NDSL DS (supports v 1.42) from one place that sells these nds card on sale.

Should I add it to my collection?
    When this 1.4.2 firmware was released after all...

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Don't know about that card in particular but as for the 1.4.2 firmware I know this much.....

It only came out in Eastern countries IIRC (Japan/China etc), while in Europe & the USA it stayed at 1.4.1 (actually I believe there was a small update to the 1.4.1 to 'improve DSiWare' but the number didn't change - so technically it was should've been '1.4.1b' but it was never changed)

To the best of my knowledge there has never been a 1.4.2 firmware update in the USA or Europe

3. temporaryuser
    OP

Newcomer temporaryuser Newbie

United States
    So anyway, this card could be pretty good choice? I might even support lates EU firmwares which is 1.4.1U?

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Personally I wouldn't know since I don't really know the card...
    (I'm guessing you mean this card [​IMG] )

If so - if you really wanted an 'R4' card I personally would recommend the R4i Gold card as this is officially supported by WOOD R4,
    which is constantly updated for the latest releases etc

5. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    DSi 1.4.1 was released in late September of 2010 in all countries except China.

What China got was 1.4.2C, which simply had support for the Chinese characters on the iQue systems.

It might be true.

But anyway, if you want something with the words R4 on it so badly, get an R4i Gold from r4ids.cn.