RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think r4ids.cn is going to release one, they want people to buy a new cart instead.

This is why I stop recommending this cart..I mean what happen if there's a new update? will they required everyone to buy a new cart again just to bypass it?
better to be safe and buy a real flash cart like dstwo or acekard or cycloDS.

I feel sorry for the people who just bought a r4idsn or r4i gold, now they have to buy it again if they want 3DS compatibility.

overdriver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great news for me! since I have R4i of their brand(r4ultra.com).

Now, I have a question. I will install AKAIO 1.8.6a.
I have DS lite and DSi and I haven't bought 3DS yet..

If I want just AKAIO 1.8.6a can I just ignore to install new firmware?(they call it 2.0 to support 3DS)

I am so confused because I am newbie on this matter. I thought AKAIO is firmware but.. hmmm there is a firmware for 3DS ?!?

...and I thought They dont' have any deal with AKAIO team but well I guess I was wrong.. I am glad I was wrong
smile.gif

.. so leave the firmware alone and just upgrade AKAIO or update firmware & upgrade AKAIO ??

and if anyone know would you tell me how they updated their AKAIO to 1.8.6a in first place?? I am just curious because I need to buy another flash cart. If they can update to newer AKAIO in future then I will buy another R4i.. otherwise I would buy something else.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
overdriver said:
This is a great news for me! since I have R4i of their brand(r4ultra.com).

Now, I have a question. I will install AKAIO 1.8.6a.
I have DS lite and DSi and I haven't bought 3DS yet..

If I want just AKAIO 1.8.6a can I just ignore to install new firmware?(they call it 2.0 to support 3DS)

I am so confused because I am newbie on this matter. I thought AKAIO is firmware but.. hmmm there is a firmware for 3DS ?!?

...and I thought They dont' have any deal with AKAIO team but well I guess I was wrong.. I am glad I was wrong
smile.gif

.. so leave the firmware alone and just upgrade AKAIO or update firmware & upgrade AKAIO ??

and if anyone know would you tell me how they updated their AKAIO to 1.8.6a in first place?? I am just curious because I need to buy another flash cart. If they can update to newer AKAIO in future then I will buy another R4i.. otherwise I would buy something else.

AKAIO will not work on a cheap R4 clones like the r4ids.com or R4i Ultra

AKAIO for R4 Ultra was a one time thing, there will be no more AKAIO update for R4ids.com or R4i Ultra

If you want AKAIO just get an Acekard, these cheap clones are not worth the time.

The firmware is for 3DS compatibility, AKAIO is an OS

overdriver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
AKAIO will not work on a cheap R4 clones like the r4ids.com or R4i Ultra

AKAIO for R4 Ultra was a one time thing, there will be no more AKAIO update for R4ids.com or R4i Ultra

If you want AKAIO just get an Acekard, these cheap clones are not worth the time.

The firmware is for 3DS compatibility, AKAIO is an OS

I know what you meant. It was for AKAIO 1.8.1 (12/4/10)- one time deal.. got it.

but if you look at their home site.. they have AKAIO 1.8.6a for their card(updated 4/11/11).

I don't think it's fake at all. Now, what happened to that 'one time deal' thingy?

this starts my confusion.. I don't mind new AKAIO at all though lol

EDIT: I just installed and tested. AKAIO 1.8.6a works on my R4i Ultra.
smile.gif

zhuzhuchina

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
personally i think any flashcard producer that don't give update of the firmware because want to sell the new flashcard type are not recommended, r4i-sdhc.com with red package never released a firmware update but many people still buy them. if r4ids.cn don't release firmware update better boycott them!

huangyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, According to some research, it is confirmed that R4i gold 3DS from R4ids.cn is working great on both DSi and 3DS, the latest firmware of this card is wood firmware V1.28 and the official firmware is R4i V1.51B, the firmware of this card updates followed the R4 wood firmware, and it is the only one R4 can work with wood, nice card anyway.....

zhuzhuchina

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
what i am saying is the 3ds firmware not released for r4ids.cn gold card, not about the software , they are selling new 3ds compatible flashcard but didn't give the new firmware for older flashcard so people cannot upgrade it alone the FIRMWARE .
please understand more before post in any thread

DevanXD2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I have a R4 Ultra and when I put it in my 3DS it shows up, but when I try to open it it shows an error. I tried to install a 3DS patch but it says to 'eject the card and reenter it'. I don't have a Acekard so I can't do what they did in the tutorial. I'm wondering if there was another way to get it to work on my 3DS. Can someone help me?

P.S. I've tried installing different types of kernals (AKAIO, YSMenu, etc.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.