Hacking R4ids.cn card fail?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got the R4ids.cn R4 3DS card last year for my DS lite but I'm trying to upgrade from the "Dorasu" icon to the latest one to try and get it working on my latest firmware 3DS. I got the files from the website but everytime I load it on my DS lite with the correct file, it keeps saying, "card fail" everytime I try to update it. My card is definately revision C but I'm not sure if this is another card or if I'm doing something wrong in upgrading this.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no need to update your card at all.
You card can support 3DS5.1.0-11 & NDSi V1.4.5.
Please do not update it.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks but that was the file I used which gives me the "card check = fail" message when I ran it on my DS Lite and yes, I definately used the NDSL version.

you need to use the NDSi version, they planned that wrong,
the NDSL is if the card is bricked and your running from another card, the NDSi is for just updating it
no idea why they did it like that but even the "how to" included is baddly worded

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you need to use the NDSi version, they planned that wrong,
the NDSL is if the card is bricked and your running from another card, the NDSi is for just updating it
no idea why they did it like that but even the "how to" included is baddly worded
Wow, never knew that the file marked NDSi IS the one I was suppose to run. Unfortunately using that file also gave me the same result of "card check fail".

If this thread is anything to go by, I've probably got one of the bad batch of R4i that can't be updated. I'm looking at the silver lining in this situation and realise that hey, at least I've got something working on a DS lite at least.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Wow, never knew that the file marked NDSi IS the one I was suppose to run. Unfortunately using that file also gave me the same result of "card check fail".

If this thread is anything to go by, I've probably got one of the bad batch of R4i that can't be updated. I'm looking at the silver lining in this situation and realise that hey, at least I've got something working on a DS lite at least.

well if you bought it from zhuzhuchina, for the cost of just the postage you send them your old card and they will send you a new one

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well if you bought it from zhuzhuchina, for the cost of just the postage you send them your old card and they will send you a new one
Thanks but having experience in long shipping time (well, it IS free) I think it's better to just buy a new one and just use my old one as a present for my relative. How is Zhuzhuchina's service anyways?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks but having experience in long shipping time (well, it IS free) I think it's better to just buy a new one and just use my old one as a present for my relative. How is Zhuzhuchina's service anyways?
shipping to the UK, under a week sometimes not longer than 2 weeks tho normally

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. While I'm at it, I might as well ask a stupid question before spending the entire time worrying about my new 3DS. Is the whole, "Flashcarts bricking 3DS" thing just a rumor that got blown out of proportion and the worst that Nintendo can really do is just block the carts themselves and not the console?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. While I'm at it, I might as well ask a stupid question before spending the entire time worrying about my new 3DS. Is the whole, "Flashcarts bricking 3DS" thing just a rumor that got blown out of proportion and the worst that Nintendo can really do is just block the carts themselves and not the console?
Yes. We even have a sticky in the 3DS section about it. It's a stupid rumor started by fear-mongering sites, it's never happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end