Hacking r4ids.cn and r4idsn.com are the same team.

Geostar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
I emailed [email protected] to inquire whether the 3DS card had an upgradeable core. I received a reply from [email protected] which is the email displayed on r4idsn.com stating that the 3DS card does have an upgradeable core (good news!).

On another note: is it worth getting a R4i gold 3DS as it supports wood R4, the team are active and it has an upgradeable core.

Geostar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
According to the r4idsn website they use wood R4 too. My questions is is it the standard release straight from YWG or do I have to wait for the team to modify it for the card?

huangyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geostar said:
According to the r4idsn website they use wood R4 too. My questions is is it the standard release straight from YWG or do I have to wait for the team to modify it for the card?
Correct, r4i gold 3ds from R4ids.cn uses the Wood firmware and you don't need to wait until it is stable because the latest firmware (wood V1.28) is great ,and another you also be able to update the firmware when new wood kernel comes out , just download and update, easy thing....

3dsnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i'm new here but didn't want to start an entirely new thread. I was asked by someone to get and R4 card for their Nintendo 3Ds so i got the R4i card and the website on it is www.r4ids.cn and on there they say it will work on the 3DS so i downloaded the Wood software and put it onto the micro SD card and it worked fine on my DSi and i thought that would be it. Today they have given me it back saying it doesn't work at all and nothing is coming up. So they want me to look at it and try and fix it.

My problem is i have no idea what to even try or change. Their kid is playing with the 3DS just now so i can't even get a loan of it so that i can see for myself and try different things. I think they are going to try and give me a loan of it for a little while. Any help at all would be great from you guys, because i don't have the actual console here with i'm struggling to really do anything. I can assure you all it worked fine on my DSi and that firmware is supposed to be the one that makes it work on the 3DS. What can i do?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
From some shop that sells flash carts, and they should cost the same since it's the same product, just with a more updated bootloader.

I suggest going for a card that won't screw you over with bootloader updates, though. The Supercard DSTwo's bypassed everything with a free update, and it's only around $35 or so from many shops.

3dsnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The sites i normally use don't sell anything for the 3DS. It's not for me. As long as i get them one that works just now they will be happy. I certainly wont be updating everytime a new firmware is needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16