Hacking R4i

peterpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys i could really need some help here...

Just bought an R4i.
Its supposed to be used on a NDSI

So far so good.

Ive got my card, and thought hmm ill start with an update, so i updated the kenel to the lastest 1.56 i think, and it still worked fine. Then
i got that "bright" idea that i would update the firmware on the flashcard itself, and after that, the icon went blank, and im getting an error when
i try to start it. Im using it on a DSI XL with 1.4E. Now i cant even get in "contact" with the card to somehow reflash it, with another firmware
frown.gif

I also have a plain NDS, and it works fine on that console.....

I used the kenel and firmware from this site, witch i got because its written on the cartridge. I really need help here guys! Could i somehow reflash the card to another hopefully working firmware?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Could you be a little more precise about what card you have? Where you bought it(exact URL) and the name of your card(Rai Gold, R4i SDHC, R4i 3DS, R4i WTFBBQ, whatever). Or the URL of where you downloaded the files.

peterpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can start it in a regular DS but need the original firmware for it to reflash it..... www.r4ultra.com its an R4i from there, with their Kernel and firmware.... Should have just kept the firmware it came with
frown.gif
and thats my prob, i need that other firmware, so i can reflash it in an regular DS lite

peterpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
need reflash firmware for my R4i, so it will work on my Dsi ver 1.4E

The firmware on www.r4ultra.com made it only work on a regular DS not My DSi XL

Posts merged

hmm Clookster u think that might work?

peterpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Akaio is only a kernel, not a flashcard chip firmware. it came with a working firmware on it, so im thinking i could get it somewhere/somehow

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Menus =/= Firmware

AKAIO is a Menu/OS/Kernel
1.4.1 is a firmware update

Putting AKAIO 1.whatever isn't going to make your card work on a DSi.
You need to update the firmware of the cart by running the firmware update on DS that your card works on. Alternatively you can run the DSl firmware update app from any card on a DS/DSLite then swap the card you want to repair to fix a 'bricked' card.

peterpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats exactly my problem! WHAT firmware works on MY card? The one thats on the site of the manufactor of the card doesnt work... THAT is my problem! need to know if someone knows of another firmware that might work on my R4i... Clooster ive flashed it 3 times, with the same result! it works on my DS, not my DSi XL....

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
peterpro said:
Thats exactly my problem! WHAT firmware works on MY card? The one thats on the site of the manufactor of the card doesnt work... THAT is my problem! need to know if someone knows of another firmware that might work on my R4i... Clooster ive flashed it 3 times, with the same result! it works on my DS, not my DSi XL....

Please do something other than repeatedly state what the problem is, we have brains, we can figure it out.

AKAIO 1.8.1 works on the R4 Ultra. If that doesn't work, try the default R4 Ultra firmware off their site.

peterpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like i can only find ALOT of kernel updates, and no bootloader uploads!! Argh ill throw the crap in the direction om someone with a DSL
smile.gif

Go back to good old TTDSi always worked fantastic. I miss the days when dealextreme had flashcards
smile.gif
ordedered some cards from goldenbridge.hk anyone have experience with them?

Thank for trying to help me btw..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.