Hacking R4i v1.4 doesn't work on upgraded DSi v1.4.1

adog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my DSi to v1.4.1 and now my R4i v 1.4 doesn't work anymore (the website for this card is www.r4igold.cn). I've tried downloading various R4 upgrades and tried upgrading it on a friends DS lite but got the message saying "card check failed. Re-insert and try again". When the card was inserted again, I got the same message. I'm really lost now as to what the next step I need to take is. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

adog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tried it now, doesn't seem to work. I basically just extracted all that was in the zip file to the micro-SD card and then put it back in the R4. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to try it on the DS lite?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
adog said:
Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my DSi to v1.4.1 and now my R4i v 1.4 doesn't work anymore (the website for this card is www.r4igold.cn). I've tried downloading various R4 upgrades and tried upgrading it on a friends DS lite but got the message saying "card check failed. Re-insert and try again". When the card was inserted again, I got the same message. I'm really lost now as to what the next step I need to take is. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Your clone R4 is probably not updateable.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You have two choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $15 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Can use AKAIO, giving it compatibility with modern games. Can update itself and cheats over wifi, supports the DSi/XL, and supports memory cards up to 32GB.
  • Disadvantages: Can't do any of the special stuff the DSTwo can.
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: $35 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Supports the DSi/XL, can update itself even if the DSi won't run it, supports memory cards up to 32GB, real-time save (save states), in-game guide (show text and images from walkthroughs without having to reset the game), "free cheat" which lets you modify memory while the game is running, GBA and SNES emulator, slow motion, and more.
  • Disadvantages: The most expensive card.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
You have two choices for carts that have proper support/updates.[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $15 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Can use AKAIO, giving it compatibility with modern games. Can update itself and cheats over wifi, supports the DSi/XL, and supports memory cards up to 32GB.
  • Disadvantages: Can't do any of the special stuff the DSTwo can.
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: $35 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Supports the DSi/XL, can update itself even if the DSi won't run it, supports memory cards up to 32GB, real-time save (save states), in-game guide (show text and images from walkthroughs without having to reset the game), "free cheat" which lets you modify memory while the game is running, GBA and SNES emulator, slow motion, and more.
  • Disadvantages: The most expensive card.
Beat you to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended