Hacking R4i v1.4 card (possibly clone) isnt working with Dsi XL

barbaroskucuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have this R4i v1.4 card and its not working with my dsi xl v1.4.1 and i believe its a clone card but still i couldnt identify which clone it is so that i can update the kernel. i have attached the link to the photos of the card.
So far ive tried;
-R4i-sdhc official kernel
-Dstt kernel
-Retrogamefan Multicard update
-and bunch of other kernels aswell.
Right now its working with my dslite and it says r4i-advance v3.005 on the main menu and sd card includes files like;
-R4MENU
-TTMENU
-MAINMENU.NDS
-R4i.tp
-R4MENU.SYS
-TTMenu.dat
Please help me identify which clone is this and will it work with dsi xl v1.4.1.
i can provide any more details if needed. Thanks in advance.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have this R4i v1.4 card and its not working with my dsi xl v1.4.1 and i believe its a clone card but still i couldnt identify which clone it is so that i can update the kernel. i have attached the link to the photos of the card.
So far ive tried;
-R4i-sdhc official kernel
-Dstt kernel
-Retrogamefan Multicard update
-and bunch of other kernels aswell.
Right now its working with my dslite and it says r4i-advance v3.005 on the main menu and sd card includes files like;
-R4MENU
-TTMENU
-MAINMENU.NDS
-R4i.tp
-R4MENU.SYS
-TTMenu.dat
Please help me identify which clone is this and will it work with dsi xl v1.4.1.
i can provide any more details if needed. Thanks in advance.

Shitty Chinese clone

JimmyNgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Don't throw it away yet. See if there is a link on the sticker of the cart (couldn't see your picture, sorry). Try their kernel first, and then try ysmenu. Remember to full format it with sdformatter and put the fresh copy of ysmenu. Tell me if it works.

Reactions: barbaroskucuk

barbaroskucuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't throw it away yet. See if there is a link on the sticker of the cart (couldn't see your picture, sorry). Try their kernel first, and then try ysmenu. Remember to full format it with sdformatter and put the fresh copy of ysmenu. Tell me if it works.
Thanks for the advice but i already checked the site and its down. I solved my problem by installing cfw to my dsi xl. Now it works flawlessly

Reactions: Alexander1970

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's not the solution. Why do you always act like that's the only card that exists, instead of telling people the proper way?

He had to figure it out on his own (install CFW).

If it boots into "An error has occurred", then the kernel used won't matter.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet