renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Guys,

i succesfully downgraded my 3ds XL an now i wanna install a cfw..

I've got a...very mysteroius R4i card, but cant find the right firmware.

Its a "R4i unlimited upgradable, www.r4i-sdhc.hk"

My 3ds saysits the Game: "Deep Labyrinth"

is it possible to install a cfw with this Flashcard?

Every answer will help, thank you!

-rs2

desertwarior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
does it work ? it's not blocked and it loads NDS roms? if it does then yeah it's more than enough to install the cfw with it.

Reactions: renes2

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont know which firmware i should use, because the website is down xD

If i start it without any FW, my 3ds shows a black screen with "Please turn off your 3ds, ....."

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the same card for an old ds. It's name isn't "r4i upgradable", but "r4i upgrade".

It's a cheap, but not bad, clone of the real R4i. Works fine on the DS with the latest YSMenu.

No way to use it on a 4.x+ 3ds AFAIK.

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You think so?

Heres a Picture.
And my 3DS show the"Deep Labyrinth" Icon.
My 3DS Xl was on 9.2.X, and i downgraded to 4.5.0.8

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
try testing it in a normal DS/DSlite just to make sure you have the right FW files for that card..........if all else fails, maybe gateway will release a downgrade pack for downgrading to 4.2 for EU which allows a lot more cards to be used.......i personally would just recommend people buy a gateway, well worth its money, and saves you having to fart about jumping through random hoops to try do stuff

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't see the picture.

But if you say tours is working, than I belive you: probably we are talking of different cards, or the downgraded FW is patched with an older card whitelist then my original 4.5 3DS FW

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: nop90

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your post.

I dont wanna buy a 70€ Flashcard just for installing a cfw and using homebrew..

in this topic, they are installing a cfw without a Flashcard, am i right? Can i use this too?
Because i dont read very good things abot giovanni..

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...vanifY-releases-an-3DS-CFW-for-v4-5-handhelds!

EDIT: Fixed the Picture, thanks :D

Your card isn't the same of mine. It may work using the right firmware, try one of the file in the retrogamefan multi cart update.

Or you can buy a cheap R4i sdhc 2014 for 10-15 $. Without a cart you can't install CFW.

Don't use the Govannify version, use the Palantine one that has the Arm9 code cleaned (not easy to install, but keep trying).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thank you for your post.

I dont wanna buy a 70€ Flashcard just for installing a cfw and using homebrew..

in this topic, they are installing a cfw without a Flashcard, am i right? Can i use this too?
Because i dont read very good things abot giovanni..

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...vanifY-releases-an-3DS-CFW-for-v4-5-handhelds!

EDIT: Fixed the Picture, thanks :D
yeah the CFW was the one leaked by govanify, all im saying is its not very user friendly....sure its better than nothing, but all i see is people struggling with it, and once they finally set it up complaining that it doesn't work as good as gateway and they cant play all the romz.....for homebrew yeah its fine, but for games its pretty basic compatibility and you will spend half your time trying to set it up and dealing with needing to reboot half a dozen time for it to work

renes2

~New World~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thank you guys!
hmm..so the Govanify CFW ist pretty unstable...what if install Govanifys CFW, and then the other one?
maybe its impossible....mmh

i will check retrofans FW updates, thanks :D

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
thank you guys!
hmm..so the Govanify CFW ist pretty unstable...what if install Govanifys CFW, and then the other one?

they are both pretty much the same thing thing, palentine just did a little bit of modding on it to make it a little bit more stable, but its still pretty unstable.......don't get me wrong it works and if you don't set your expectations too high its perfectly usable....i think many people here just though it was going to be perfect and now spend half their time complaining about it :P

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thank you guys!

Palantine CFW is a mod of Govannify without a call to his site (that could potentially steal data), but them work the same.

installing is very unstable, but with some experience now I can install it in 10 minutes.

launching it works 1 on 3, (with sometime failing 10 times in a row, and sometime working 5 in a row). My 6 year daughter use it with no problems.

desertwarior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Yifan Lu a respectful psp/vita hacker is trying to reverse engineer gateway's Ultra and bypass the need of the gateway cart so maybe there is hope for those who are not planing to buy a gateway ;) .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning