OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello, everyone.

Damn, I feel so stupid.
I bought and used DSi with R4i ultra running AKAIO 1.86a firmware. It arrived just today.
I wanted to download the web browser, so I entered the online store. It sayed I had to update my DSi in order to enter the online store, so I did it.

Then, I got this error message when I tried to run my R4i. It was bricked. I don't know if this 1.4.2 update of the DSi is so new that there are no fixes or updates yet. I looked A LOT in the internet for solutions and I found nothing.

Is there an update, or another firmware I can use? I don't want to buy (for now) a new and better flash card.

Please, help. I feel terrible with a new console at last, and not being able to use it.
sleep.gif

And excuse my english, it's not my native language.
Thank you.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
1. It is not bricked, its just that the new dsi update blocked the flashcart
2. There is no update for it yet, and if there was you'll need a ds lite or dsi on 1.4.1 or less to update it

Occam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Oh, shit sucks, man.
I will have to look for someone with an no-updated DS, and I don't know anyone.
I don't know if I should buy a decent card like Supercard DSTWO or if I should wait for an update.

Thanks.

Occam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Other cuestion. I read that the R4i Ultra is a clone of the Acekard 2i.
Should I wait for a R4i ultra fix or for a fix released by the Acekard staff?

Thank you.

plunplan

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Occam said:
Oh, shit sucks, man.
I don't know if I should buy a decent card like Supercard DSTWO or if I should wait for an update.

Thanks.

amigo, si es cierto que la R4i Ultra es un clon de Acekard pero no son mutuamento compatibes los firmwares de las tarjetas. Debes esperar un parche del R4iUltra Team.. pues en lo personal te diria que esperes, no tardara mucho la salida del parche y pues con respecto a comprar una Flashcart mas cara, yo opino que no lo vale

Saludos desde El Salvador
wink.gif

Occam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
plunplan said:
Occam said:
Oh, shit sucks, man.

Thanks.

amigo, si es cierto que la R4i Ultra es un clon de Acekard pero no son mutuamento compatibes los firmwares de las tarjetas. Debes esperar un parche del R4iUltra Team.. pues en lo personal te diria que esperes, no tardara mucho la salida del parche y pues con respecto a comprar una Flashcart mas cara, yo opino que no lo vale

Saludos desde El Salvador
wink.gif

Ojalá salga luego. Solo alcancé a jugar par de horas con mi nueva DSi y la bloqueé por accidente con la actualización
cry.gif

Hay otro detalle que me llama mucho la atención:
Me di cuenta que en la página de la r4i Ultra (http://www.r4ultra.com) había una actualización para hacer funcionar la tarjeta con la antigua actualización de la DSi 1.4.1. Comparé este archivo con el fix de DSi 1.4.1 de http://www.acekard.com/ y al parecer son exactamente los mismos archivos (o que pesan exactamente lo mismo, lo cual es muy sospechoso), solo que los de R4i le cambiaron el nombre. Esto me hace pensar que el próximo fix de Acekard debería funcionar con mi R4i Ultra, no?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There another detail I just realized:
In the R4i Ultra page (http://www.r4ultra.com) there was a fix for the DSi 1.4.1 update. I compared this fix with the 1.4.1 fix from http://www.acekard.com/ and it seems to be excactly the same files (or both files have the excact same size, weird, uh?), and the R4i Ultra staff just changed the files names. This makes me think that the next Acekard fix for DSi 1.4.2 should work with my R4i ultra, right?

capturanc.png

Occam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You're right... that was very silly.

Well... I will have to wait for the R4ultra.com fix, then. Too bad.
I hope they release it soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."