Hacking R4i Ultra Firmware Version 1.55 Help

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not a complete flashcart noob, ive done my fair share of research but have found no solution. so heres the issue, i updated the firmware on my r4i ultra from 1.54 to 1.55 about a month ago from the official website, R4i Ultra Site however, when ever i turn on my DS and look at the firmware version of said R4i Ultra, It reads 1.54 instead of 1.55. I was wondering whether it will remain that way, whether its a glitch with the firmware, if i did something wrong (im 98% sure i didnt), or if my specific cart is the problem.

Additional Info: My Card isnt a non working fake of the R4i Ultra, it plays most games well with the exceptions of the recent ones with AP protection.
Im using a 2gb sandisk micro sd, DS Lite
Im already working on buying an acekard 2i, so no need for repeated mentioning of that solution
biggrin.gif
, i currently want the most use of my faithful r4i ultra

Any solutions?

anubiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif

don't know why. My new R4i Ultra works well with v1.55. I just got it with a 4G card from depot888.com. Maybe you can try to re-download the kernel.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive re downloaded the kernel at least 3 times. and theres nothing wrong with it, it works completely fine, the only issue is that it says that the firmware is still 1.54 not 1.55

Emmanuelownzu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a different problem. at least yours works. Mines R4 ultra, and the 1.55 firmware is for R4I only. not for R4 ultra. suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water