R4i SDHC will it work with Slot 2 devices?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Notyalc, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009
  1. Notyalc
    OP

Member Notyalc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hello all.

I own an R4i SDHC for my DS Lite (Originally, I's thinking about getting DSi - prob'ly won't now unless it gets GBA roms emulatin')

So, I hear about some 3in 1 thing - What's that exactly do? I know it does Rumble & more ram for the opera browser. But would the third part be for running GBA Games?

If that's the case how would it work?

'Cos on an R4i the third option which is normally slot 2 on normal R4s is the configuration...

So any info & advice would be appreciated!

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    I use a Supercard Lite with my R4i-SDHC, and all I have to do is plug it in, and choose Start GBA Game from the DS menu.

With EZ Flash 3 in 1, I believe you plug it into the DS, put the GBA roms on your slot 1 card, and then run a program called Exploader to write the game to the 3in1.

3. Notyalc
    OP

United Kingdom
    Is this supercard lite something with an SD slot or something for it to work then?

Hmm, it seems nobody knows if it works with the R4i SDHC though. That's my big Question really.

4. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Yeah, Supercard has a microSD slot, so it's pretty much an independant cart. I've asked about the 3in1 working with R4i-SDHC before, and never got answers one way or the other. Since I've been able to get pretty much everything I've tried to work on the R4i-SDHC, I'd venture a guess that 3in1 likely works with it, but I'm not making promises.

5. Notyalc
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm. Irritating. Especially when I've seen the EZ 3 in 1's pretty cheap.

I've been considering perhaps getting an r4 type thing for a GBA, like that supercard, & that I'd dig out my old GBA Sp & use it on that. But then that'd mean getting another SD/MicroSD & formatting that. While carrying around a 4th device! (Usually bringing iPod & Phone most days, while bringing my DS some of that time. - Incase you're wondering about it being a 4th device.)

Though perhaps my R4i's MicroSD could work - but then it'd be annoying to get that running on both systems...

Maybe I should wait & see if there'll ever be a DSi VC & maybe get some type of hack for that...

Though, I'm surprised with the amount of DSi adopters, that a DSi GBA Emulator isn't already existing. ('Cos I've believed that 'til now most've just used the EZ 3in1.)

Ah, well...

Y'know I'd be quite happy to buy it just for the RAm & Rumble features...

But I want the GBA function most..

6. SaddQ

Member SaddQ GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    It works. I can't get the rumble or RAM to function, but the 3in1 works.