R4i SDHC Red Happybox and RetroGameFan issues

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Izual Urashima, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Izual Urashima
    OP

Izual Urashima Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Between here and there
    Here's the situation.

I'm the unhappy owner of this R4 clone - http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_v2-0i/ - with RGF's latest version (6.99) slapped on it. However, two problems subsist :

- First, some games, namely Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 (as well as romhacks Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2), still do not work on it, be it on the clone or on RGF.
    - Huge lag issues, present since I updated the firmware to allow it to work on DSi, and clearly visible on games like Etrian Odyssey III (one second lag each time I enter or exit battle), Pokemon Black and Pokemon White (one second lag for each menu at the beginning of the game, plus the same lags as for EOIII). I tested AP-less and normal versions of those roms, and no change was done. I also tried to use a SD card (2 Go, offered with said R4 clone) instead of the SDHC I am using (4 Go, Kingston), and said lag issues were even worse.

Any ideas for correcting those ? Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Did some tests and posted the results.

2. Izual Urashima
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Between here and there
    Bump for answers.

3. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    Clone cards don't get a lot of support.

No idea what RGF is, but if you want compatibility, look into getting Wood firmware up and running on the thing.

Lag may be caused by a slow SD card, but is most likely bad firmware on your bad card.

4. Izual Urashima
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Between here and there
    I know clone cards don't get lots of support, but this one was a gift, and buying on Internet is not an option to me, so I'm stuck with it or cards that are either worse or can't be used on my DSi XL.

And RGF is RetroGameFan's updates of YSMenu (gotten here - http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/ ), as Wood firmware updates don't work on my clone.

As for the SD card, I tried to properly reformat it (with the Panasonic formatter), but the lag is still there. I wouldn't be surprised it's a bad firmware problem, though, considering it started right after a firmware update.