R4i SDHC (r4i-sdhc.com) VS. R4i Gold V1.4 (r4i-gold.eu)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by swiggu, Jan 4, 2014.

1. swiggu

swiggu Newbie

Does anyone know the differences between them? I got both and never really knew the differences (which one is better). The only thing I can see is the fact that the SDHC makes an auto load and with the Gold you can choose in the menu (you can choose if you want to load R4i or load GBA or settings or Pictochat (lol)). I know they are both a clone of a card but I don't even know which.

Thank you,
    swiggu

2. swiggu

swiggu Newbie

bump.

3. swiggu

swiggu Newbie

bump?

4. ipwndeveloper

ipwndeveloper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    Based on what ive heard the R4i Gold has better long term support than the other r4 listed, and can load r4 wood firmware.

5. swiggu

swiggu Newbie

Oh cool. Where can I get this Wood firmware? I remember using Wood firmware on my old R4 but it unfortunately broke.

EDIT: I don't know if this R4 Gold will work with Wood. My R4 like I said is r4i-gold.eu and the other R4 Gold is r4ids.cn. Maybe it will work because my R4 is a clone of this one?

6. ipwndeveloper

ipwndeveloper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    Yea, since most R4's are clones It should work.
    Here is the filetrip link to the official loader. This is Link is for Xenon tools WoodR4 builds, It is outdated, but It should run, I have gotten it to run on my Acekard 2i . And as a last resort, you can try YSMenu.

Some other things you could try:
    Wood R4Clones(1.42)
    WAIO :Wood All In One