Hacking R4i SDHC Kernel update 1.19b March 30

Burrito84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently they released a new Kernel update for R4 cards, I'm trying it right now see if i get any freezes on pokemon soul silver US

(This is not a ROM site) just linking a kernel upgrade
http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp

Edit: Hmm, been playing for over 45 mins and no freeze yet o.o i hope this is the real deal! :3 I'll keep posting if i get a freeze or anything.

divvy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you know if warioware diy microgames save on this irmware because on most flashcarts it fails to save microgames

meo0o0111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you install this on your r4? i have the original r4 so idk if this even works on mine does it? i tried copying and pasting over but it wont turn on and i get the error missing ds menu.dat

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys this firmware only works on the r4 from r4i-sdhc.com, it will not work on any other r4.

fearofshorts said:
I think it'll only work on other AceKard clones. But it is interesting that an R4 clone has had a new firmware.

This card has been getting firmware updates every month
smile.gif

SwiftDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL, I just happen to have one of these laying around, never opened. Already got my AceKard though, figure I'll pass this along to another family member who wants to play some Pokemon.

So what exactly is this card a clone of? Obviously not the R4 in anything but name.

You'd think if they were releasing their own firmware they'd not need to clone names, but I guess there's still money in using the R4 brand.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rockerzz182 said:
this is not a fake r4..its original..they have update of firmware atleasy 2x a month..its a great flashcart
i enjoy playing wario diy now..=D

Don't talk when you don't know shit. This isn't the original r4. It's a clone. It's just a really good clone. The original r4 sucks now and the original never supported sdhc or dsi.

divvy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rikrik said:
divvy123 said:
do you know if warioware diy microgames save on this irmware because on most flashcarts it fails to save microgames

I've played it, and it saves
biggrin.gif
I've tried multiple times and when i save a microgame it seems that it does not actually save and that it shows as an empty box, eny ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz