Hacking R4i-SDHC Help Needed, Updated My 3DS First T^T

Dan_Mah_Boy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,
I apologize if i posted this in the wrong place, but it is my first post on this awesome website. So as you can tell from the title, I've really screwed up! For some idiotic reason i can't recall, i updated my 3ds before my flashcart. I've done the basics (Put the new firmware on the micro sd and plug the cart back into the 3ds, get the 'an error has occurred" message. Put the new firmware on the micro sd and then plug the cart into a friends ds lite. When i do that the flashcart will open but there's no option to try and update the new firmware that's sitting in the micro sd.) Everytime i try to put the new firmware on, i format my micro. My current 3ds version is 6.1.0-12u. My current flashcart is the R4i 3ds from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ . I've done google searches and i still havn't found any help. My friends tell me the people on this forum are well informed, so please help me out. Thanks for taking the time to read!

jax604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason why there is no option to update the flashcart on your friend's ds lite, because that cart cannot be upgraded any higher, only the latest rts model as said on the site can be updated. So in another word you will need another flashcart for that 3ds.

Dan_Mah_Boy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Crap. Wait, so you mean to tell me that the company that made my flashcart basically abandoned the cart?

Dan_Mah_Boy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why there is no option to update the flashcart on your friend's ds lite, because that cart cannot be upgraded any higher, only the latest rts model as said on the site can be updated. So in another word you will need another flashcart for that 3ds.
First off, sorry for the double post, I'm just trying to get Jax604's attention. Okay, so jax you mean to tell me that the company that made my flashcart basically abandoned the cart? Like my kart is completely useless to me? No way to downgrade the 3ds firmware? Do other flashcart companies do this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First off, sorry for the double post, I'm just trying to get Jax604's attention. Okay, so jax you mean to tell me that the company that made my flashcart basically abandoned the cart? Like my kart is completely useless to me? No way to downgrade the 3ds firmware? Do other flashcart companies do this?
He will receive a notification about your reply. Double posting won't make him respond any faster.

Not neccessarily, yes, yes and yes.
Sometimes they release new hardware out of neccessity because the old hardware can not be updated to work with the latest version.
Sometimes, it's just so they can sell more flashcarts and earn more money.

Not sure which is the case for you.
But since you'll probably be looking for a new flashcart I'd recommend the R4i Gold which receives regular updates or the DSTWO which receives faster updates, has a stealth mode to bypass anti piracy making it be the first cart to work with new games, and can play SNES/GBA games well on top of all that.
Those two are the best out of all DS flashcarts in terms of support and features. This is worth reading too: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

jax604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah thats pretty much it, most if not all of these r4i team release new revisions to make people buy their new cards. So far only there's only one flashcart team that havnt need a revision, it is the Supercard DSTWO, It's on the pricier side, but in the end its worth it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Dan_Mah_Boy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... thanks guys. I guess I'll have to save up some money and buy a new one. I'll be sure to use that recommended list too. Oh well, life goes on. I guess that means, case CLOSED! HUZZAH!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol