Hacking R4I-SDHC folder on a R4iSDHC cart? YS Menu

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a 3DS r4isdhc cart for my 3DS. After some initial problems I discovered something that amazed me! The Firmware for the R4i-sdhc was compatible (Noobs notice the dash... different cart, firmware/kennel etc).

I only noticed this because I was having some trouble with the 32GB micro SD card. After some messing around I found formatting it with Panasonic SD tool fixed the problem. I don't know why it was still 32kb cluster size. I did have size adjustment on (not entirely sure what that does). I don't know why this worked.... it just did.

Anyway before I fixed the problem I decided to try an 8GB Card in my trusty old NDS Lite (which already had YSMenu on it). It.... it worked. I then put YSmenu back on the card and found that worked in both carts.

There wasn't a folder for r4isdhc in the YS Menu zip file. However the r4i-sdhc one does work (maybe a fluke or maybe intentionally in the YS menu code?). I'm using the white not the gold... but its the same kennel (url link is the same one as gold on manufacturers website). So I would have thought it'd work on the gold Cart too.

Is it common knowledge you can use the R4I-SDHC folder on a R4iSDHC cart?? (I'm talking about the YS menu kennel not the original).

I can upload a video of this if I get requests??

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I've just bought a 3DS r4isdhc cart for my 3DS. After some initial problems I discovered something that amazed me! The Firmware for the R4i-sdhc was compatible (Noobs notice the dash... different cart, firmware/kennel etc).

I only noticed this because I was having some trouble with the 32GB micro SD card. After some messing around I found formatting it with Panasonic SD tool fixed the problem. I don't know why it was still 32kb cluster size. I did have size adjustment on (not entirely sure what that does). I don't know why this worked.... it just did.

Anyway before I fixed the problem I decided to try an 8GB Card in my trusty old NDS Lite (which already had YSMenu on it). It.... it worked. I then put YSmenu back on the card and found that worked in both carts.

There wasn't a folder for r4isdhc in the YS Menu zip file. However the r4i-sdhc one does work (maybe a fluke or maybe intentionally in the YS menu code?). I'm using the white not the gold... but its the same kennel (url link is the same one as gold on manufacturers website). So I would have thought it'd work on the gold Cart too.

Is it common knowledge you can use the R4I-SDHC folder on a R4iSDHC cart?? (I'm talking about the YS menu kennel not the original).

I can upload a video of this if I get requests??

Yes it will work if you look at the main post for YSMenu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality