R4i sdhc dual core wont connect to my wifi on 3dsxl

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by malcom thornton, May 11, 2013.

1. malcom thornton
    OP

malcom thornton Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2013
    United States
    Im trying to play pokemon white 2 online using my flash card, my 3ds xl connects perfectly (ive downloaded demos etc.) and the flash card works great but when i try to play pokemon online with the flash card, it tells me i dont have a connection.
    I have already changed my router to wep, and turned the security off, but no dice, i was wondering if anyone could help? thanks

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    While the DSi and 3DS themselves can connect to WPA and WPA2 security, original DS games and all flash carts cannot. WEP security, no security, or getting a DS wifi dongle for your PC.

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    you need to set the DS WiFi settings in the DS Mode, you have only connected it in 3DS mode by the sounds of it

needs to be WEP or No security on the WiFi when getting

4. malcom thornton
    OP

malcom thornton Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2013
    United States
    how do you do that?

5. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    You must manually change the settings on your router. Chances are you do it by directing your web browser to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and change the settings.

6. malcom thornton
    OP

malcom thornton Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2013
    United States
    nevermind i didnt see the ds connection thing, i got it.
    p.s. Anyone compeating in the pokemon spring global link tournament watch out