Hacking R4i SDHC Dual Core 2015 PRO v4 not working on DSi XL

Vanja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I bought an used Nintendo DSi XL off of a friend and a brand new R4i SDHS Dual Core 2015 PRO v4 card but somehow I can't make it work.

I have tried multiple versions of the software from http://www.r4isdhc.hk/r4-download/ as it was noted on the site that I bought the flashcart from but none of them works or I simply can't figure out how to enable the card.

When I insert the card a new game pops up called "Bomberman" and after clicking on it all it shows is a white screen with a red rectangle that says "MENU ?".

The software version of my Nintendo DSi XL is 1.4.5E.

Can someone help me out?

Which software do I need and how do you properly install it?

Is this R4 card even compatible with my Nintendo?

I'm new to this Nintendo scene so I have no idea what to do.

D

Deleted User

AFAIK the 1.4.5 version on dsi stopped most of the DS flash carts. and your card sounds like a fake.
I think that the DSi R4 GOLD will work for ya, and it's only about 6$

Last edited by ,

Vanja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I bought it off of a well-recognized site here in Slovenia, so the possibility of that is very small.

D

Deleted User

I bought it off of a well-recognized site here in Slovenia, so the possibility of that is very small.
LOL just search on the net "R4" and see how much results you'll get...
all of them are clones...

soooo... it's probably not "dsi compatible"...

Vanja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Should have done my research before buying the card.

I'm still not exactly sure whether I'm doing it right though.. Is it really just that easy to basically just copy the files you find of the firmware onto your SD card and then run the Bomberman app?

D

Deleted User

sorry, but I never had DSi, but I do have a ds lite, which runs on the same flashcarts. in my case I just placed some files on it then all the roms, and powered the ds on. I know that the dsi runs in some other way then ds, and that it blocks most of the carts (AFAIK the only carts to work with dsi are SCdstwo(+), CycloDSi, and R4i gold)

Vanja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Worst thing is they were selling R4i Gold for the same price as this one and I only picked SDHC because I thought the silver packaging looked prettier and more professional, so that was..................... smart. :glare:

Vanja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: