R4i SDHC and RTS (white box) powers off when DSi is closed

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Thefrogsaysquack, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Thefrogsaysquack
    OP

Newcomer Thefrogsaysquack Member

United States
    Hey guys, I've got a DSi with an R4i that came in a white box. I downloaded the latest firmware version from the website listed on the box that it came in (http://r4sdhc.com) and all of the games run fine. The only problem is, when I close the DS while a game is still running, it turns off. I know the problem is not caused by the DS because this only happens when I'm using the R4i card. Does anyone have an idea as to how to stop it from turning off? It's really annoying. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. Xoo00o0o0o

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    it sounds like your having a contact problem when you close your ds you could try the paper trick and see if that helps

3. Thefrogsaysquack
    OP

United States
    I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the "paper trick" and if it were a contact problem, wouldn't I have the same result when using an original game too?

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I doubt this is a contact issue... and pretty sure this is almost assuredly a flashcart issue.

I recall some other carts have this issue as well, though I can't recall which, and to the best of my knowledge there is no (end-user) fix.

5. Xoo00o0o0o

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    Oh I remember what this is. It's like when around the m3i had just came out it was having the same issue. I don't know if there is any way to fix it.

6. Thefrogsaysquack
    OP

United States
    Thank you guys for your help