Hacking R4i-SDHC 3DS

Metrenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am here today to let everyone know that R4i-SDHC 3DS now has an update that lets you play your DS games on 3ds v4.4.0-10, you can grab the update on the site (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/) under the r4i download page, I personally had a bit of trouble getting it to work, what i did was formatted my micro sd card, then put the new update v1.62b on pthe root, but when i tried it on my 3ds it didnt work, i then put it on my dsi and used the update function on the config menu, then it made the icon change from top spin 3 to metroid prime hunters-demo version, that worked, well thats all i hav to say about it, if i need to upload my files after they worked then pm me, and I will. ~~this is my first post ever, sorry if i messed something up

Metrenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We know that.
Ohh and btw, you could not update with ur 3DS cause u had 4.4 firmware on it.
im glad you knew it :3 but just to make sure, its not the GOLD one, im talking about the regular one, and i didnt update with my 3ds... i did it with my dsi since it didnt work on 3ds.... and thus the update. and this is mostly for people who have problems with updating like i had

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
We know that.
im glad you knew it :3 but just to make sure, its not the GOLD one, im talking about the regular one, and i didnt update with my 3ds... i did it with my dsi since it didnt work on 3ds.... and thus the update. and this is mostly for people who have problems with updating like i had

Weird...
Well thanks ;)

Metrenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We know that.

Weird...
Well thanks ;)
no problem :3

lovenintendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it is because the r4i sdhc 3ds card is not pre-flashed, so it just can work on your dsi version, which is lower than 3ds.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone know why my kingston 4gb class 4 sd card is so slow its brand new btw. And i am using r4i-sdhc 3ds

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
is it formated with panasonics sd formatter?
also, class 4 is not exactly the fastest i think, 10 is the top spot.

yes it is but a friend of mine got it working with class 2. And class 4 was the fastest when i went to my local electric store yesterday.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well it might actually depend not on sequential speed but random speed... higher class cards are usually better at writing/reading a long sequences of data in one go, like saving a huge image or a movie.
but it appears that those tend to end up with poor random read and write speed (reading out just a few bytes from the memory at a time but from all over the card).

maybe you should ask your friend what card hes using exactly and try to order it on amazon?

i too use a class 4 card and its not working for me either. there are some people claiming it would work on class 4 for them, but that might be brand differences or they might have just checked if the game started at all...

it seems to be kind of a mystery :/

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, try formating it once more.

if the problem you're experiencing is only with the new pokemon games, im sad to say that your sd card just seems to be not compatible. many people with your flashcard have troubles with those games. things might change with a new firmware update, but it probably wont work then as well

if its with every game, its a problem with your sd card. try formating it again, if that doesnt change anything, refund/new card may be options to consider

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad