Hacking R4i SDHC 3DS RTS 2015 Firmware

A New Revolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I using the New Nintendo 3DS XL version 9.7.0-25U. I have the R4i SDHC 3DS RTS 2015 card with a micro sd card (formatted correctly) in the 3DS system. I download the 3DS kernel v1.81b from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com. I unzipped the contents and put the contents into the root of my micro sd card. I boot up the firmware (game card). The menu R4i Revolution comes up and it recognizes my micro sd card. I click on Wifi engine and I get the following message:

Please wait!
Connecting to WIFI...(Restart machine if black screen)
WIFI connecting fail!
Please configure correct WIFI setting!

I'm connected to Wifi. Why won't the flash card allow me to check for updates? Under settings/upgrade, it says Current Version
Support Model: NDSL, NDSl 145, 3DS 7.2

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This question is probably more suited to one of the DS forums since this card doesn't play 3DS ROMs.

It already runs on your 3DS so it doesn't sound like you need an update anyway.

Based on the "current version support model" it seems that the cart hasn't received an update since the 3DS was on version 7.2.

The update servers have probably been shut down since Nintendo are no longer actively blocking DS flashcarts.

A New Revolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the R4i used the Nintendo DS's Wifi in which case I can't do because my router is set to WPA2 security. Thanks anyway.

What's a .lic file and how do I get one?

Nevermind; The instructions say that I have to login through my DS; not 3DS.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm connected to Wifi. Why won't the flash card allow me to check for updates? Under settings/upgrade, it says Current Version
Support Model: NDSL, NDSl 145, 3DS 7.2
You don't need any updates for that card and probably never will need them in the future. So just don't use that function.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1