R4i Save Dongle backuped save is incompatible with MT flashcart's save. Anyone has a solution?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MelonGx, Mar 23, 2014.

1. MelonGx
    OP

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    I backuped a Fire Emblem: Awakening (JP)'s legitmate cart's save with R4i Save Dongle, and going to load it with an MT-card, but failed.

The FE:A (JP) game in MT-card responsed that the backuped save was recognized as a corrupt file.

The backuped save worked properly every time I restored it to my legitmate cart, even after I transferred the save to a legitmate DL version.

(Edit)
    I have already tried using 3DSaveTool 0.2b to find the save's XOR key and do the decryption, but still failed in loading the "decrypted" save with MT-card.

cearp likes this.
  2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i was wondering if this would be possible... :(

3. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Grab the key from a new mt-card save, and take your decrypted save and encrypt it using the mt-card save key you made. It should then load properly.

cearp likes this.
  4. MelonGx
    OP

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Just tried it, but still failed.

1) Dongle.sav -> Dongle.XORkey
    2) Dongle.sav + Dongle.XORkey -> Decrypted.sav
    3) MT.sav -> MT.XORkey
    4) Decrypted.sav + MT.XORkey -> MT_encrypted_Dongle.sav
    5) Rename and load MT_encrypted_Dongle.sav in MT-card, and then run the game -> Black screen before checking data -> Reboot 3DS and MT-card -> Re-execute the game -> Save file is corrupted

5. MelonGx
    OP

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    BTW, MT-card's save file is compatible with Gateway's.