FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
carlosportal26 said:
just to make sure, acekard 2i is updatable right?
unsure.gif

it is but you require another DS

Pretty sure you only need another DS if you've updated your DSi to 1.4.

prodf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an R4i-SDHC, what are my chances with it ???
In there site they clame to be a R4i Team too !

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
shinkukage09 said:
elixirdream said:
carlosportal26 said:
just to make sure, acekard 2i is updatable right?
unsure.gif

it is but you require another DS

Pretty sure you only need another DS if you've updated your DSi to 1.4.

oh yes, that was out of my mind
smile.gif

thanks for the clarification

Thought so
happy.gif
; Wasn't sure myself, but I figured you shouldn't need 2 DSi(Haha, pun...DSi can be the plural of DS(Viri = another Plural of Viruses)).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It's possible that Nintendo firmware update 'looks' for particular code in the flashcard firmware software (which may be common with each card)

& what the R4 team has done is found out what code the DSi update looks for & changed THEIR firmware code to that of an official game code (hence the changed game icon) - that's how they've got around the blocking

If so - then in theory ANY flashcard can get an updated firmware to unblock them

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uruha said:
Is the update mandatory? i still have nintendo points that i purchased and i havent spent yet.

Of course not. They can't make an update mandatory because not everyone has wifi. As for the nintendo points, wait for them to fix 1.4X

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
Uruha said:
Is the update mandatory? i still have nintendo points that i purchased and i havent spent yet.

Of course not. They can't make an update mandatory because not everyone has wifi. As for the nintendo points, wait for them to fix 1.4X
It's only mandatory if you wanna use DSi Ware, or if you want to upload to Facebook or want a faster camera (what ever THAT actually mean) - other than that wait until you got to update to run games

krzym1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's amusing to see nintendo fail with all their's security systems. Why won't they give up already, like they dont get enough money from overpriced wii sales.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
This works yes but likely wont be released because they currently cant get around nintendo's new protections atleast not enough to make a proper commercial quality product.

ashley.ince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wheres the firmware update / kernel files for the 1.4 workround if r4i `gold` or whatever they call them selfs have really done it? Yes i admit the video looks real but how do we know they haven't pulled a stunt of some sort with out the firmware / kernel files ect?

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ashley.ince said:
wheres the firmware update / kernel files for the 1.4 workround if r4i `gold` or whatever they call them selfs have really done it? Yes i admit the video looks real but how do we know they haven't pulled a stunt of some sort with out the firmware / kernel files ect?

For now they can't release this as it's, they just showed the video where other team may be on the same progress state (or even more advanced and actually beginning to write the files ^^) but prefer showing nothing (to avoid reactions like yours).

For now it can't be released, this tricks the DSi by faking a genuine game (look at icon/title on the menu), they now need to find a way to get the R4 icon+ R4 title working back, then they need to do the software flasher, then they need to check if it's harmless to avoid noobs to kill their flashcart, then... they will release it.

(of course this is suppositions).

ashley.ince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but now another team will beat em to the release... they should of kept there mouth shut, u know the saying `shut up or put up` well they should of choose shut up as they clearly can't put up! Now someone else will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte