www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
r4logo.gif
R4i RTS 1.4 compatible cards to be released
Previous carts are not upgradeable
r4rts.jpg
Some bad news for all you R4i RTS owners, we've just been told by the manufacturer that the cards are not able to be updated with a work-around for the new DSi 1.4x firmware. It comes as no surprise however, that the team will be releasing new models of the R4i RTS that will be 1.4x "ready". This will apply to all new batches of the R4i RTS.

icon11.gif
 Buy the R4i RTS at Gamezway
discuss.png
 Discuss

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
so R4i RTS are planning to release a new cart, every new update Nintendo make? sounds like a good business plan if you ask me.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We've been telling people not to buy R4 clones since before the DSi was even released. Will this drive that message home? Probably not.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
r4logo.gif
R4i RTS 1.4 compatible cards to be released
Previous carts are not upgradeable
r4rts.jpg
Some bad news for all you R4i RTS owners, we've just been told by the manufacturer that the cards are not able to be updated with a work-around for the new DSi 1.4x firmware. It comes as no surprise however, that the team will be releasing new models of the R4i RTS that will be 1.4x "ready". This will apply to all new batches of the R4i RTS.

discuss.png
 Discuss

In the next coming months, dsi fw 1.5x, and then yet ANOTHER R4i cart 'update'
"Is very sorry guys, we going to remain lazy and cheap, so you'll have BUY a new, 'updated' cart again, don't worry about it to much, k? We'll come out with R4i 1.6x after we stop making 1.4x's, so you need be keep up."

Yeah, something tels me that this is going to continue until these noobs start thinking and start complaining about how they could've gotten a cyclo
tongue.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depravo said:
We've been telling people not to buy R4 clones since before the DSi was even released. Will this drive that message home? Probably not.
i didn't mean r4 clones(well kinda)but i mean this post says that the card itself cant be updated to work on 1.4,and that in the next few weeksdays a new card will be manufactured,and yet the post says to buy the card at gamezway,so if they buy it now,then they wont be able to use it on a DSi on 1.4 now will they?nothing just seems odd to me
tongue.gif

Schicksalsheld

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R4i RTS DSi V1.4 fixed !

R4i RTS have been fixed to support DSi firmware V1.4.All r4i rts released from Aug,31st will be self-support V1.4.
We are still working on R4i RTS released before Aug,31st.Please check our site for update news.
Thank you for your understanding.

You can discuss any problem about our products in our official forum. (http://www.r4rts.net)

Hmm.. it's dumb to make a Cart from the M3 Team, that isn't updateable, but all other M3's are...

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
The solution for All R4 users is HERE

(And that counts for ALL clone R4/R4i's to)

looks like Big N is wasting more resources on yet MORE lawyers, and not enough on actually making their games not price fixed

"Cut the prices and this will stop!
How much money is Nintendo making?
And file sharing NOONE can stop it-Soon it will be encrypted and the ISPs can do nothing then!"

an then this guy:

"To be quite honest, with Nintendo's current attitude towards its customers, I have zero sympathy for them.
Their VIP club is now a farce, they make you enter one of their codes to sign up, and unless you allow them to monitor your browsing habits, email activity and console usage, which they will then pass those details on to whoever they like, you lose the code value and don't get to join the club.
On the Wii, unless you allow them a similar kind of thing, along with the ability for them to download whatever software they like, whenever they feel like, without any confirmation, they lock out the Shop Channel, News Channel and Weather Channel... and probably the internet channel too.
Sony or Microsoft don't make these demands and if they have an update, you are given the option of declining it. Which is a good option if a bad update ever goes live... and it has happened. You always have a choice because they respect the fact that the console belongs to you, and you ultimately have the final word on what software goes on it.
Nintendo have got this attitude now of "let us do what we like, when we like, or we'll make your console experience noticably worse than those people who allow us". They're basically blackmailing people into letting them have their own way, or they'll punish them with restricted functionality on the systems. I have no doubt that the DSi will work exactly the same way with its shop.
I think this attitude stinks, and I have no sympathy with a company that shows disrespect towards its customers. If people can't get the same experience on their Nintendo systems as anyone else, just because they value their privacy, then Nintendo deserve everything they get."

It's true that these days 'privacy' is a lie. Everyone knows what you're doing, down to your shoe size. :\

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
good news
but thats wat ide expect from the " r4 team". they always have to make a new card to fix something
there always gonna release a new card for every firmware update
i bet they have the most different kind of flashcards in the world
i like the rts included but i bet it wont work

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Depravo said:
i didn't mean r4 clones(well kinda)but i mean this post says that the card itself cant be updated to work on 1.4,and that in the next few weeksdays a new card will be manufactured,and yet the post says to buy the card at gamezway,so if they buy it now,then they wont be able to use it on a DSi on 1.4 now will they?nothing just seems odd to me
tongue.gif

seconded...gamewayz is only stocking the old R4is right?
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi I am really sorry for your loss +3