OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Introduction

This is my first time to do a review , please kindly point it out if I got something wrong . I would like to thank​

Hello everyone , today I am going to review the R4i Revolution produced buy r4idsn.com which gets officially supports from Wood R4 . I like Wood R4 , so I want to thank Yellow Wood Goblin first for his awesome and hard work , with his continually effort , all Wood Users have a really good time in the fantastic game world .
nayps3.gif

Packaging

I am pretty satisfied with the little blue box , the size is exactly the same with Acekard 2i and all other R4 clone . Actually the letters on the packaging is kinder outdated since it supports all NDS fat/NDS Lite/NDSi/NDSi XL , which may confuse some newbies who are not familiar with the scene .

All his main features are printed on the back of the packaging , not much difference with other clones .​
Features:
QUOTE said:
-Support the DSi Firmware V1.4.1
-Compatible with all DS editions of different kinds of language
-Supports DSL / DSi / LL / XL
-Supports Action Replay cheat
-DLDI auto-patching
-Support SDHC (Micro SD 4G,8G,16G,32G)
-2nd generation storage device (no booting tool required)
-Uses MicroSD card, FAT16 or 32
-Supports any MicroSD card speed with no lag in game
-Supports Clean ROM, drag and drop. Works on any OS
-Automatically detect saver type
-Saving directly to MicroSD card, not to onboard chip
-Supports Moonshell and other homebrew.
-User friendly skinnable interface. Touchscreen or button operation
-Supports rumble pak and memory pak
-Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser
-Supports changes of the background of Operation Interface
-Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment ( DS Lite only )
-Supports the Soft Reset.
-Moonshell 2.02 support Software Reset function( Press START key back to the R4i menu)

Build Quality

What's insider the box ? Well, you can see it from the pictures above , the R4i Revolution and a T-Flash USB sits on a plastic . If you had ever bought R4DS or other R4 Clone before, you must be familiar with it , right ?

The build quality of R4i Revolution is adequate , It's judged by my personal experience with R4DS revolution , just work as it should , sometimes there maybe a contact issue , I just pop it up and insert it in , it works normal again . Of course I never drop it or throw it off , since I am not well trained to do that
cool.gif

They are twins

I forgot to metion that The Micro SD slot is not spring loaded and on the top , personally It's ok for me since I don't trust these complicated stuff as I am afraid the spring would get broken someday , of course it's just a joke .

I sincerely apologize for the images , I am not used to my N95 since I rarely take a photo unless there is a beautiful girl
evil.gif
I give the build quality 8/10. I would give it 10/10 if I never own a supercard dstwo .

Software:

Forgive me I never use their own kernel since it is said to be compatible with Wood R4 . I was very disappoint first , as I am using the original Wood R4 , it always frees on the Loading picture . I am very pissed off , I would never review it if it's just a normal R4 clone . After I visit their site , I found there is a special Wood R4 for this cartridge on the download section . Yeah , the familiar Wood GUI is back after I drag and drop the firmware onto the MicroSD .
The largest problem the R4 has recently faced is the LACK OF MANUFACTURER SUPPORT! Once SDHC cards came out, the poor R4 was essentially dumped for its sluttier sister, the R4SDHC (you could really stuff her full of homebrews) . The R4DS Revolution is reborn because of Wood R4 . There is another issue remains , it only supports 1/2 gigs MicroSD and only works on NDS/NDS Lite. Now with this awesome R4i Revolution , everything works like a charm !!!

GolenSun550

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility:
Wood R4 is said to be 99.8% Compatibility , maybe 99.9% I guess . basically everything works on it , yep , I mean everything . but just for information purposes, here is a list of compatible games:
#5326_Blue Dragon: Ikai No Kyojyuu : works
#5325_Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-Land Mayhem :works
#5323_Crafting Mama :works
#5322_Tamagotchi no Narikiri : works

I just test these games , I am impressed .

Sorry again , I don't have enough time to test the homebrew since I rarely use them , just for games only .
I give the compatibility 10/10. Everything works fine, it's a must have cartridge IMO . For a cartridge just costs $8.90 with so many great features , you'll never complain anything .

Pros and Cons

Pros:
officially support from Wood R4.
Works with all NDS system.
Supports SDHC.
cheap price , $8.90 only.

Cons:
No Real Time Menu or Real Time Save

Conclusion:

Packaging: 9/10
Build Quality: 9/10
Software: 10/10

Total: 9.5/10
In conclusion, the R4i Revolution is a must have if you just care about games. It just cost $9 bucks , definitely a competitive price IMO . Even though it doesn't come with ablaze features like Real Time Menu or Real Time Save , it still a perfect basic cart that would meet your requirements.

Lastly I would thank for giving me the chance to review this flashcart!

GolenSun550

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
Thanks!

-Can the card get updates with new Nintendo DSi updates?
-Is the card already pre-flashed?
-Does the card have a bulk under the sticker?

It says "1.4.1" at lighttake... Is this the correct card?

http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/sku.R4i_...NDS_V1.41-34365

-I am not sure whether they could bypass the future updates or not , they could do it if any other team succeed in bypassing that.
-Yes , it's pre-flashed .
- . I just contact Lightake, they said they would bring the no skylight version back soon . Actually the two versions are same (pre-flashed) , but the new version without skylight is slight cheaper than the old one .

Yes , it is correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol