R4i Revolution (Gold Sticker) from www.r4i.ndsi.in

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Dharmaboy, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Dharmaboy
    OP

Dharmaboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    Canada
    Hey guys,
    I have done some searches and tried quite a few steps ie the latest Woods etc.

Here is my card ( I got this from my aunt a few years ago) never worked properly but since I got a used DS Lite (black) thought I would try this.

[​IMG]

I went to this site to try to get this thing to load with no luck using their software (on the sticker)

http://www.r4i.ndsi.in/index.htm

Now with their software. I get Black screen with white writing saying "Loading....."

It just hangs there.

I tried other software and same result.

But then I downloaded and tried the

Wood_R4iGold_V1.54.rar

I get further. I goes Loading screen, then white screen and then black screen.

It then just sits there.

This is the furthest I have got so far.

Any ideas what I am missing on the SD card?

here is a screen shot of what my SD card has

[​IMG]

I used this page to get the files

http://www.r4i.ndsi.in/downloads.htm

took the latest build and moonshell2

put it all in the root of the sd card

when I fire it up. I get past the black Loading ..... screen and then a white screen. Then it just hangs.

Any Help with this would be appreciated.

thanks

2. 4coolday

4coolday Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    Switzerland
    it is an old clone card, haven't seen it before you post it here.

I think there is no problem with your steps.
    Maybe it is a broken cards

You'd better get a genuine r4i gold 3ds.

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Which kernels did you try? I'd go with this one first. Extract the content of the archive (the folders and the files) directly into the root of your microSD card (that means without any subfolders).

4. Dharmaboy
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    Canada
    Okay, So to be clear, no folders at all? all content of all folders at the root level?

5. Dharmaboy
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    Canada
    I just tried the newest one. No luck extracted everything to root and nothing. Might be a bad card as well.

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Maybe you have to formate your microSD before putting anything on it. Make sure to backup everything on the MSD before formating it ;)

7. Dharmaboy
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    Canada
    when I found this card, all that was on it was a .sav file. seems my nephew who had this card before deleted stuff off it or this card never had anything on it in the first place. I did a non quick format and put all the contents of all folders at root and still nothing. I have a DS Lite Black. Wonder if it's just better to buy a new R4 card which is widely supported. Any suggestions of a good site?

8. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Sorry for necromancing, but just in case for this being still helpful or if someone else bumps into this thread:

I have the same card as you and this did the trick for me: http://www.r4wood.com/pages/r4i-gold-v2.0-firmware.html [R4i Gold Ver2.0 YSMenu (2013-10)].

Jay Clay likes this.