Hacking R4i questions that need to be answered!

Dildry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well here is how my R4 stopped working

I updated it on accident (Like many do)

My card is 1.4V but I somehow got to upgrade it to 1.4.4 3DS 4.4 with an un-official patch.. (Forgot the link sorry)

Now I need to update it to 1.4.5.. I went to the R4i website downloaded the kernel and when I tried to upgrade it had no upgrade option..

So I found out the 1.80 firmware wont work on my card so I changed back to 1.64..

I can upgrade again but how do I upgrade to 1.4.5? The R4i website's thing changes my firmware to 1.80 and wont let me upgrade to 1.4.5..

This may sound very stupid to all of you but I am new and it has been a pain in the ass for me to try to fix this thing...

Wish the R4i instructions tell you in a clear message to not upgrade your DSi since many young kids like me do it not knowing the consequences of doing it..

Dildry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. which website is written at your R4?
2. You are very lucky that you got it to work with 1.4.4. You should not expect it to work with 1.4.5.

I found out what the name of the non-official software.. Its Romanchine kernel and its support helped me update to 1.4.4 but thats the latest one and they dont have like one for 1.4.5

I believe you could do it to 1.4.5 via 1.4.4 I knew you could not do it via 1.4.

Also the website written in the R4i is http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/

I might be lucky but I cant play on it anymore since 2011.. I updated it via my DS lite obv..

I might wait a lot longer and hopefully they maybe release 1.4.5 but they are inactive I assume...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.