Hacking R4i Pocket on 1.4.1u

maico07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated my dsi from 1.3 to 1.4.1u, now after i update my r4i pocket does not work, when i looked up the site, it says there is a 1.05 update, but does not link anywhere,
is there a way of making it work by putting other r4 kernels?

what other kernel could i put on my r4ipocket to make it work with dsi firmwarw 1.4.1u?

pls help

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
You need to update it using the 1.4.1 update. It's usually a .nds file.

Simply replacing a few files on your SD card doesn't work, unless you're running a SCDS2.

I recommend ditching your R4 considering it's a clone and buying either an AceKard or a SuperCard DS2.

maico07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhm how can i update it? where can i download the nds file? thanks

i would love to buy another R4 but its kinda hard to find. alot of stores here only sell r4clones..

maico07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huhuhu
im in a province and there isnt any shop here that sells any stuff related to Gaming, so i cant buy any flashcart
isnt there any other way i can do? like put other flashcart firmware? cause its a clone i think maybe original carts
firmware might work on it??

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This is something separate from the "firmware" you usually talk about, with the system files and shit. This is a totally different concept. Your cart's bootloader is not updatable, IT WILL NEVER WORK ON THAT DSi AGAIN.

Shoptemp sells carts that CAN be updated (such as the DSTwo and Acekard 2i), and has free worldwide shipping.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, as stated, simply putting another cards data on your R4 is impossible. Otherwise, people wouldn't be forced to buy new R4's.

As recommended, grab a Acekard 2i. It's cheap [you can easily bring in beer bottles and pop bottles and pay for it], and it's probably the best card second only to the DSTWO. DStwo is more expensive, but has A LOT more added features.

Ditch the R4 brand for the DSi's, unless it's an original R4 that works with wood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]