R4i platnium firmware how do i know what i have?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Solgath, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Solgath
    OP

Solgath Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2007
    hi all, i have an r4i rts platnium for my DSi (obviously) now my mate got one and claimed his had no firmware, so i naturally went and download the latest for mine, but it seems to have it already or something, looking at the directions on the R4i site are really confusing, copy 3 files, right ok, i only see 2, so i'm at a lose as to what to do.... i want to make sure i have the latest firmware, the site shows that latest being 2 mths ago is that the latest or am i looking in the wrong place... i should also mention i tried wood R4, but it had a fit and even following the directions it says "missing ds menu.sys" or something, so any help in this would be great.

2. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    Oh, again people buy fake cheap R4 clones... That site just gave you the cart and don't care about support, they just want your money and thats all. Get a new good cart like Acekard2i or Supercard DS2.

3. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    Copy the downloaded files to your SD.
    If you don't know how to do that you should upgrade to the Gameboy Color.

4. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    He says that there are supposed to be 3 files, but he see's only 2.

5. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    Do you really think the manufacturer gives a shit about some instructions?
    You're supposed to use your 'imagination', else you won't survive for long on R4 * websites

6. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    Wait a minute... The only firmware I know that consists only of 2 files is the WOOD firmware... Try to re-formatt your card with Panasonic SD formatter... Maybe his cart has WOOD support [​IMG]

7. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Don't use that update.
    It's for adding 3DS compatibility. Use this update instead.

Add that firmware to the root of your microSD card.

Also, @Sausage Head and AlanJohn, shut the fuck up.

8. Solgath
    OP

Solgath Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2007
    thanks, i did that, seems to work fine, i just wasn't sure cause according to what it say the site, there are spose to be 3 files in the download, but it only has 2 that it mentions, so i wasn't sure, and it was a tad confusing, and i don't intend to spend any more money on a flash card for my DS, i just got this damn thing, i'm not waiting another 3 friggin weeks and having to deal with retarded postal service to get another one, u want me to get something new, sure thing, u just fork over the cash for me to get and i will do so gladly.