privatepile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all

I really need your help.I recently bought a r4i-II sdhc.Im new to Flash Carts and dont know as much as the people here.It cost me $7 from focal price http://www.focalprice.com/GN594S/New_R4_Re...ard_Silver.html the site listed to download from is http://www.r4i-sdhc.com.hk

I downloaded the files but wont be able to test until tomorrow when im back home.

My questions are

How good or bad are these carts?
Will it work on the DSi?
Will other software work instead of the software from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com.hk
Any other information you think may be useful

This is what the box looks like

GN594S-4.jpg

THank you in advance

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
privatepile said:
Il take the no reply as no one uses the card
laugh.gif
Everyone on this site will tell you that all R4 carts except the original are terrible. Also, generally, unless they advertise to work on DSi v1.4, they won't.

EDIT: It won't play newer games such as Warioware DIY, or Pokemon HGSS because it hasn't been updated since September 09.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I would pretty much say you've been conned, what you've basically bought is someone's attempt to cash-in on the fame and success of the original R4..
These clone R4s are all alike, imitations and clones, and don't deliver, and many of them update just a few times then never again.
But at least you only paid $7 for it.

Okay, to answer your questions:
- Most would probably say it's a bad flashcart.
- It should work on DSi, most flashcarts with an "i" are supposed to.
- Can't say, many of us here probably don't own one of these.
- You're probably better off buying something better, if you want to ask there's plenty of us here to give buying advice.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wonder with these things, given the 40,000 different varieties. Are there any R4-knockoff companies that update frequently? I had an R4-SDHC as my first cart, and they did updates somewhat often, although they were miles behind the newest APs. As for the problem at hand. If you can get YSMenu working on it, you'll be fine. That's what I did with the R4-SDHC.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GreatCrippler said:
I always wonder with these things, given the 40,000 different varieties. Are there any R4-knockoff companies that update frequently? I had an R4-SDHC as my first cart, and they did updates somewhat often, although they were miles behind the newest APs. As for the problem at hand. If you can get YSMenu working on it, you'll be fine. That's what I did with the R4-SDHC.
According to http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/, of the 40 or so R4 imitation brands (not counting those which are enhancements or rebrands of themselves), only 12 of them have updated in the last month.
None of them have had a more recent update, and many of them have suffered the same fate as 1.18, dead forever.
This is pretty much one big reason to avoid R4 clones, official support. Messing around with YSmenu isn't fun.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, WE WILL ALL DO THAT . THIS IS GOOD NEWS . THAT WILL WORK ON ANY FLASHCART . THAT SUPPORTS ALL OF THE LATEST GAMES .

IN OTHER NEWS, MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS BROKEN . AND I CAN'T STOP HITTING SPACE BEFORE FULL STOPS .

privatepile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone

Those carts worked,however now all my friends want them.,I have decided not to buy this brand again,

I will buy a different brand from the adds on this site.ANyone got any recommendations?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over