Hacking R4i gold

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys
Sorry for the noob question but just wanna be sure. I have recently purchased a 3ds and bought a r4i gold from R4iR4.CO.UK. I have also purchased mario kart 7 but its saying i need to do a system update. I have not got my card as yet but can i update without losing the ability to use the card?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which R4? I wouldn't update your ds. Wait for your flashcart to arrive, then you need to flash the flashcart to support the latest firmware (If you got the right R4)

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which R4? I wouldn't update your ds. Wait for your flashcart to arrive, then you need to flash the flashcart to support the latest firmware (If you got the right R4)

Hi bjorno

I am getting a r4i 3ds gold. I heard that was one of the best.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Hi bjorno

I am getting a r4i 3ds gold. I heard that was one of the best.

It is very confusing since there are a lot of r4's that got 3ds in the name. As long as it is a card from this site http://www.r4ids.cn/ it would be fine.Personally, I don't recommend R4's. I would rather get an Acekard or Supercard DSTWO(best one but most expensive)

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay i have got my r4i gold 3ds and it looks legit. I am trying to download the latest update but the site is down. Is it okay to update my 3ds using mario kart 7, while i am waiting for the website to come up?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Okay i have got my r4i gold 3ds and it looks legit. I am trying to download the latest update but the site is down. Is it okay to update my 3ds using mario kart 7, while i am waiting for the website to come up?
I wouldn't update your 3DS until you can confirm if your cart is already updated or not. What is the web address on the front of your cart?

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't update your 3DS until you can confirm if your cart is already updated or not. What is the web address on the front of your cart?

www.r4ids.cn is on the front of the cart

I purchased the cart from r4ir4.co.uk. They have a link for the wood firmware but it keeps failing.

Is this a simple process? I assume once I download this fille, I extract it onto my memory card and place the memory card in my cart, my cart auto updates with the wood firmware?

Also does my memory card have to have different folders for my ds backups, updates etc?

Sorry for the twenty questions , just very much a noob :)

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
First ignore www.r4ir4.co.uk. If you want the kernel download you should go to the website on the front of your cart www.r4ids.cn or here http://filetrip.net/f26879-Wood-R4iDSN-1-42.html

Once Wood is on your cart then it will not auto update (this would require the wi-fi to be constantly on on your 3DS but it is simple to actually do yourself.

When you install Wood onto your cart you will have one folder "_rpg" this contains Wood and you should not put any games or homebrew in there. Create whatever folders you require e.g. "Games", "Homebrew" etc.

Reactions: 1 person

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First ignore www.r4ir4.co.uk. If you want the kernel download you should go to the website on the front of your cart www.r4ids.cn or here http://filetrip.net/...4iDSN-1-42.html

Once Wood is on your cart then it will not auto update (this would require the wi-fi to be constantly on on your 3DS but it is simple to actually do yourself.

When you install Wood onto your cart you will have one folder "_rpg" this contains Wood and you should not put any games or homebrew in there. Create whatever folders you require e.g. "Games", "Homebrew" etc.

Thanks for the link Buleste!
All the links I have tried have failed inc the one at .cn
Gonna copy the contents over and then update my 3ds with mario kart 7.

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before you update your 3DS what icon do you get when you insert your cart to the 3DS? Is it Spongebob with oriental writing or is it something different?

I have just put the cart in and it says Dorasu the image looks like a halo with angel rings. I have not pressed open yet

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Before you update your 3DS what icon do you get when you insert your cart to the 3DS? Is it Spongebob with oriental writing or is it something different?

I have just put the cart in and it says Dorasu the image looks like a halo with angel rings. I have not pressed open yet
Unfortunately that is an old bootloader and you need to update your cart to work on the latest 3DS firmware so do not update your 3DS especially whilst the downloads are down at www.r4ids.cn.

As for the stuck on loading then try formatting with Panasonic SD formatter and then extracting only the _rpg folder and the _DSMENU.DAT to the root of your SD card.

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Unfortunately that is an old bootloader and you need to update your cart to work on the latest 3DS firmware so do not update your 3DS especially whilst the downloads are down at www.r4ids.cn.

As for the stuck on loading then try formatting with Panasonic SD formatter and then extracting only the _rpg folder and the _DSMENU.DAT to the root of your SD card.

A little confused about the bootloader. Is the wood kernel link you gave me all i need or is the bootloader something different entirely?

I will try the formatter now

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
The bootloader is the carts firmware that bypasses the 3DS security and is totally separate from Wood.

If you updated your 3DS now without updating your cart you would not be able to use your cart as the 3DS security in the latest firmware update would block it and you would need a DS/DSl/DSi to run the bootloader update. This would happen regardless of the version of Wood you have working on your cart.

EDIT: Try these files instead http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOYYAVRM

BTW it is against forum rules to double post. You should use the edit button to add more to your post the same way I have just done.

Bman321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The bootloader is the carts firmware that bypasses the 3DS security and is totally separate from Wood.

If you updated your 3DS now without updating your cart you would not be able to use your cart as the 3DS security in the latest firmware update would block it and you would need a DS/DSl/DSi to run the bootloader update. This would happen regardless of the version of Wood you have working on your cart.

EDIT: Try these files instead http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOYYAVRM

BTW it is against forum rules to double post. You should use the edit button to add more to your post the same way I have just done.

Okay sorry about that.
Thanks for these links, appreciated
Is the bootloader is to update?

Edit: I copied all the files but now only getting a black screen.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
That file I gave you does not include the bootloader. However I've just found a link to download it. Try from here. As you are using a 3DS you need to extract the "3DS22Patch_R4iGold3DS_NDSi.nds" and run it however the priority is getting the Wodd kernel to work first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.