R4i gold (www.r4ids.com) and Wood R4 for clones probem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by MastroDS, Jul 29, 2010.

1. MastroDS
    OP

Newcomer MastroDS Newbie

Italy
    Hello boys, this is my first time in gbatemp.net, my name is Andrea, i have a problem with mi R4 card and i want to ask you if somebody can help me.
    I have a R4igold (www.r4ids.com) with the latest firmware (1.32), but some buckup doesn't work, for example Sonic Classic Collection, Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands...
    so i try to use Wood R4 (1.05 version) for clones, i load the Wood.nds file but it appear some problem, see image below

[​IMG]

If i press A button, appear a yellow box without fonts... how i can solve this problem???? Thank in advance

2. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    You've got a clone, wood r4 won't work. You'll have to use YS menu.

3. MastroDS
    OP

Newcomer MastroDS Newbie

Italy

I tried many time Ysmenù, some months ago, but it freeze... instead Wood not freeze, but i have some problem with menù, do you know somebody that have a R4igold and
    load normally one of these custom firmware??? if yes, how i can do the same?

4. MastroDS
    OP

Newcomer MastroDS Newbie

Italy

If i go to r4ids.com, the last firmware is only the 1.32, but on r4idsn.com... there is also a 1.34 relase... this last site is the same of my R4i gold? Now i will download this new 1.34 kernel, and then test it,
    thanks [​IMG]

My R4i gold don't load this 1.34 firmware, it block on Loading screen after i try load it... this mean that r4idsn is the site of another clone of the R4, exactly a clone of r4 i gold of www.r4ids.com

5. MastroDS
    OP

Newcomer MastroDS Newbie

Italy

Thanks [​IMG] , now my R4i gold load the firmware "r4ids gold?English kernel-1.34" downloaded from the section "Other related download"
    i'm trying to load some games that the official firmware not load, as POP Forgotten Sands, Sonic Classic collection... and they works!!!
    now i'm trying other games and some emulator in order to see if work also, and finally the Wood...

Hi boys, whith this last new kernal, i succeeded to play games that with original kernel did not wotk... and different emulator... the only problem
    is that if i play Wario Ware Do it Yourself the game sometimes freeze, and then the DS shoutdown... subsequently, in order to play, i must format
    my memory card, otherwise the R4 i gold does not work... but not is a problem, the very problem is that Wood 1.05 for clones does not work... but to this point
    does not serve me a lot... thanks boys [​IMG]

6. MastroDS
    OP

Newcomer MastroDS Newbie

Italy
    Hello boys, if i go to r4idsn.com in the section, "other related download" i can't find the voice, "r4ids gold English kernel...., how is possible? now i can't update the firmware of my r4igold card,
    if you have any suggestion, i would be very gratefull

7. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Just have a look at the PCB.
    If it is the same as the picture below, just goto www.r4ids.cn to download the latest wood r4 v1.35 for it.
    [​IMG]

As you know, the official website of r4i gold has been changed to www.r4ids.cn.

You can get the reason here:
    http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.html

8. MastroDS
    OP

Newcomer MastroDS Newbie

Italy
    Thanks so much for the help, I managed to finally update the kernel, too bad that the site changes so frequently

9. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Would you please post this news in other forums?
    This way ,you can help many other users.