R4I Gold Wood not Working on 3DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by schuer001, Jun 14, 2016.

1. schuer001
    OP

schuer001 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    I just got an R4i RTS for my 3DS XL, and got the kernel from the website on the card (r4ids.cn), and got the card working and running. I then put a GBA emulator onto the card. I played a GBA game, which had very buggy audio, and later froze the 3DS. I decided to remove the GBA emulator, and tried relaunching the flash cart. Now every time I try to launch the flashcart, I get a black screen saying "An error has occurred". I do however also have an old DS which allows me to launch the flash cart and it works fine. To get the cart to work first, I had to use a bluecardenabler cia, and I tried to reinstall that, as well as the kernel, and neither helped. I can no longer see the card. Please help

Last edited by schuer001, Jun 14, 2016
  2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    You should update the firmware again and if the problem still happens, then you should just update the 3ds

3. schuer001
    OP

schuer001 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    Today, after reinstalling the kernel multiple times, I was able to get the card to show up on the 3DS but every time I tried to launch it, I would get an error screen. On my DS however, I was able to launch the R4 and games would run, however I quit to the menu, turned on cheats for a game, then tried to re-open the game and it froze my DS. I rebooted, and the flashcard was not visible again on either my 3DS or my DS. I no longer know what to do. I sent an email to support@r4ids.cn hoping for a reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.