Hacking R4i Gold Vs R4i Gold Plus

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i gold plus for sure...I don't know who is making these recommendations, because if they were really thinking, they would see the r4i gold plus hasn't been discontinued since they manufactured the R4i Gold Plus. The R4i Gold 3DS entered the market approximately when the R4i Gold Plus entered the market, and those R4i Gold 3DS carts are worthless on 4.5.0-10 firmware (as of today, and most likely forever). The R4i Gold Plus is still running strong, and is compatible with 4.5.0-10 without buying a new flashcard. How many free r4i gold 3ds flashcards do you get for suggesting them to everyone else anyway Rydian (j/k)...I know that's not the case, but seriously the R4i Gold Plus kills the R4i Gold 3DS...hands down, and end of story. I won't answer your reply if you start to bicker, so deal with it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
R4i gold plus for sure...I don't know who is making these recommendations, because if they were really thinking, they would see the r4i gold plus hasn't been discontinued since they manufactured the R4i Gold Plus. The R4i Gold 3DS entered the market approximately when the R4i Gold Plus entered the market, and those R4i Gold 3DS carts are worthless on 4.5.0-10 firmware (as of today, and most likely forever). The R4i Gold Plus is still running strong, and is compatible with 4.5.0-10 without buying a new flashcard. How many free r4i gold 3ds flashcards do you get for suggesting them to everyone else anyway Rydian (j/k)...I know that's not the case, but seriously the R4i Gold Plus kills the R4i Gold 3DS...hands down, and end of story. I won't answer your reply if you start to bicker, so deal with it.
"Your thoughts differ from mine so I refuse to hear them"? Real mature.

I only suggest carts I know to work well, either from personal experience or official reviews. I was against the R4i Gold and all the R4-named carts until I actually reviewed it and found it to be one of the few that has proper support (and when it outlasted the AK2i that was still getting updates at the time it was pretty much set as the recommended budget cart).

If there's another better, I don't know why there hasn't been a review or anything, but I'm not buying it until there's an in-depth analysis like there has been with other carts. I can't tell you how many times I see people like you come in with stuff like "No buy the Ace3DS, it's better" and have to recommend that people only listen to the official guides.

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am about to buy one of these two cards (or maybe the DSTWO).

I looked at the website of the R4i Gold Plus, and it looks more proffesional than the site of the R4i Gold.

When you compare the download areas, you will see that they update their FWs in more or less the same timeframe.

I read that there are many revsisions of the R4i Gold whereas the Gold Plus afaik only comes in one version.

Also, I think the external burner that you get with the Gold Plus is very practical when you don't have an old DS to update to the newest software.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I am about to buy one of these two cards (or maybe the DSTWO).

I looked at the website of the R4i Gold Plus, and it looks more proffesional than the site of the R4i Gold.

When you compare the download areas, you will see that they update their FWs in more or less the same timeframe.

I read that there are many revsisions of the R4i Gold whereas the Gold Plus afaik only comes in one version.

Also, I think the external burner that you get with the Gold Plus is very practical when you don't have an old DS to update to the newest software.

R4ids.cn R4i Gold is better
it supports Wood, so never games have better compatibility

DSTwo is the best of the best

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So you have both units and can compare the compability?? :glare:
He's been making a compilation of carts working with the various firmwares even before you joined so people would not need to ask the if cart XYZ would work on firmware ABC (though people STILL ask that question *sigh*). So I guess that says something :glare:

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you r4i gold 3ds released by r4ids.cn, which is supported by WOOD R4 and almost all ds games are supported very well.
According to the phenomenon given by one of my friend, some games are not supported very well by R4i Gold Plus.
You can also find some threads related to it on this forum.

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i do THE compatibility list for pretty much the world

Ok, then I am sorry. :bow:

Where do I find this list?

And can you tell me what you think about the fact that there are various revisions of the r4ids.cn card, of which some can't be updated? Or did I misunderstand that?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

And can you tell me what you think about the fact that there are various revisions of the r4ids.cn card, of which some can't be updated? Or did I misunderstand that?
All r4ids.cn released now can be updated to support 3DS4.5.0-10&NDSi V1.4.5.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

well any that where bugged, good retailers have replaced for the people having trouble with the latest cards for the cost of postage
the older revisions are really quite old, RevC has been around for a while
the Rev8 and Lowers are over a year old and alot of cards where stopped with the 4.5.0-10 and new cards had to be released but R4i-Gold RevCs could pass the latest check already, but a few cards found a way to get by using Demo headers which skipped the check but will most likely be stopped for good after the next update

r4ids.cn have released as many updates as they possible can for there older cards and all up to rev 8 are compatible with 4.4.0-10 and DSi 1.4.5
but Rev 9,A& C can do 4.5.0-10 for now but they are working on a way to try and get the others up to 4.5.0-10 as well

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pong, Rev9 & RevA can also be updated to support 3DS4.5.0-10 & NDSi V1.4.5 with the latest patch released by www.r4ids.cn.
For more information, you can have a look at http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm
"The new patch for 3DS V4.5.0-10 & DSi V1.45 is releasing! (for R4i gold 3DS card only)(Jan.06th,2013)"
Just do as the procedures listed in readme.txt attached with this patch.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Pong, Rev9 & RevA can also be updated to support 3DS4.5.0-10 & NDSi V1.4.5 with the latest patch released by www.r4ids.cn.
For more information, you can have a look at http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm
"The new patch for 3DS V4.5.0-10 & DSi V1.45 is releasing! (for R4i gold 3DS card only)(Jan.06th,2013)"
Just do as the procedures listed in readme.txt attached with this patch.

oh wait yeah they do, i forgot that

im not a machine

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
medoli900, you are right.
Rev.6-8 can only be updated to support NDSi V1.4.5 till now, which was released almost 2 years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: