R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution for DS Help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by TidusRenegade, Feb 7, 2011.

Feb 7, 2011
  1. TidusRenegade
    OP

Newcomer TidusRenegade Newbie

United States
    Hi All,

Sorry if you get 1,000s of people asking stupid questions asking for R4 help, I tried doing my research and I've completely failed to get my card to work.
    I have a R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution for DS card (v1.4.1) (http://www.r4i-gold.eu)
    I didnt know if it was a good one or not when I bought it, I'm now guessing its a useless one!!
    The problem I am getting is I cannot load saved games. The games load fine and .sav files are created but it never recognises the files when I try and reload the game next time.
    So far I've tried:

- Downloaded the latest firmware (and the previous firmware just to check)
    - Tried YSMenu - didnt work at all
    - Reformatted the SD card using Windows own formatter, Panasonic SD formatter and the DOS one
    - Tried a different SD card
    - Tried renaming the .sav files to .nds.sav
    - Even tried replacing arm7.bin on a rom

All to no avail. I'm out of ideas!
    I'm no expert with the DS I'll be honest but I assumed I could figure this out. Is it worth me just buying an Acekard?

Thanks for any help, its really appreciated

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    .SAV, capitalized?

But yeah, you picked up one of the many many shitty R4 clones. Go with something like a Supercard or EZ-Flash VI, while I'd normally recommend the acekard it's found out that another clone model was produced and it's still getting settled which stores were accidentally selling them and all that jazz...

3. TidusRenegade
    OP

Newcomer TidusRenegade Newbie

United States
    Yeah it creates .SAV capitalised, though I didnt realise it was case sensitive!
    Think you've answered my question - I'll buy a decent one. Thanks for the help, wish I'd have asked here first!

4. killmoves

Newcomer killmoves Member

Brazil
    Hi all, i know the problem i´m facing isn't the same from this topic [​IMG] but, so far, this topic was the one i can relate most because i have this same card.

I just can't get it to work 'cause every time i try to run any rom i get the black screen full of text witch the last line is "aplication halted! refer to /monnshl2/logbuf.txt". Thing is, logbuf.txt isn't anywhere, it's never created.

Some post recommended format de sd card with samsung sd formater, i've done it and i still getting the same error.

...now i'm gonna keep searching the forum.

5. killmoves

Newcomer killmoves Member

Brazil